Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Could someone please point me in the direction of the BJJ Nutrider's Liberation Front

According to the several dozen threads made in the past week, this site and everything it stands for lies teetering on the brink of destruction, menaced by the black hand of BJJ NUTRIDING

(I apologize for the horrid use of Comic Sans, a font I personally despise and find hoary at best. Initially I intended to go with Chiller, a more subdued, sardonic typeface with a blunt message, but unfortunately, this was all they offered)

(By the way, fun history fact: Franz Ferdinand was assassinated today in 1914 by Gavrilo Princip, a member of the organization known as the Black Hand. Wheels within wheels, gentlemen)

But I digress. Never let it be said that when a lone retard write a long, rambling manifesto concerning the painfully obvious Aaron Q. Boyd does not dignify it with an equally long, rambling countermanifesto.

The apparent problem here, as stated 80 bazillion times in the past five days, is that we all need to Crosstrain in the three ranges of combat with Aliveness and blah blah blah, and apparently everyone seems to know this except for the BJJ folk. I don't know when this happened--people at my gym have a rude penchant for calling these meetings without my foreknowledge--but I guess the new 'in' thing is to do BJJ and badmouth all other arts. This must be really cutting-edge stuff, this new trend, because I have never seen anyone actually do this.

It's strange. All these people referencing supposed legions of BJJ nutriders, armed militias roaming the countryside en masse, branding Judoka with Stars of David (we're fresh out of "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ARMBAR" bumper stickers, we should have another shipment in come Tues.), and yet....I'm not seeing it. I'm not seeing any BJJer say they don't need striking, or clinching, or takedowns, or any of the other things BJJ obviously lacks. Maybe I'm retarded??? If only!

So please. I am a lost child. Gently take my hand and guide me to the nearest BJJihad embassy so that I may train myself to load a fruit basket with active grenades and present them to the refs at the nearest SAMBO tournament. Show me where these nutriders are so that I may know them. Biblically. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, as if you could find a sambo school, let alone a tournament.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 7:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well considering that only BJJ brown & black belt tag's are offered.I can probably see the jealousy.Although,there is someone here walking around with a Instructor tag who does a japanese TMA with one.

Maybe tags are not what everyone is talking about.But I have noticed it and yet I see no Judo Black belt tag or Karate black belt tag.So,what gives?

On that I do from time to time here BJJ guys knock learning striking completely.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ is like the war on terrorism, You are either for it, or against it. If you train BJJ as part of a well-rounded system, it's not BJJ anymore. If the BJJ you are learning doesn't involve tying people up in their pajamas, it's not BJJ anymore. If it has submissions below the waistline, it's not BJJ. Nuts are to be riden on, not used for nut-bar submissions.

As we know... Only BJJ can beat BJJ. So mathematically BJJ > BJJ. As BJJ aproaches infinity all other arts aproach zero. If your training was a plane, where the maximum value would be BJJ, then having it be well-rounded would mean that it would be concave downward beneath BJJ and therefore its double integral would have a lesser value.

Those who subscribe to cross training that includes BJJ, but is not exclusively dominated by BJJ, are meerly wannabe nutriders, and don't get to join the club with the cool Gracie Barra guys.

True BJJ is pure as the driven snow... any taint would be below a nutrider.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 8:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .....unless you are Omega or Asia?

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 8:47pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Well considering that only BJJ brown & black belt tag's are offered.I can probably see the jealousy.Although,there is someone here walking around with a Instructor tag who does a japanese TMA with one.

Maybe tags are not what everyone is talking about.But I have noticed it and yet I see no Judo Black belt tag or Karate black belt tag.So,what gives?

On that I do from time to time here BJJ guys knock learning striking completely.
    We actually offer BJJ purple tags too.

And we'd offer everyone who holds a black belt a tag, if it weren't for the fact that BJJ is the only art that still has a mostly credible rank structure based on performance and not senority, how many katas you know, etc.

But if you look closely, we do have instructor tags, along with pro and amateur fighter tags. Instead of spending 5-10 years doing BJJ, all you have to do is jump in the ring and deport yourself reasonably well a few times.

Considering that it's almost impossible to reach any sort of rank in BJJ without successfully performing against resisting opponents, we'll stick to this tag scheme for a while longer I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 9:08pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    examples that aren't obviously jokes pls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 10:20pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ is all there is. There is no reason to learn any striking. Look at UFC 1. Royce beat all those guys. You can tell by watching that, he could never lose. Neither could anyone else who studies BJJ. All striking arts will eventually fade away, and be replaced by BJJ.

P.S. The meeting is at my house this weekend. We're gonna have blackjack. And hookers. Ah...forget the meeting and the blackjack.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 10:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meager
    examples that aren't obviously jokes pls
    Maybe you BJJ guys should end your jokes with LOL!I'll be able to know the difference.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/28/2006 10:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow
    BJJ is all there is. There is no reason to learn any striking. Look at UFC 1. Royce beat all those guys. You can tell by watching that, he could never lose. Neither could anyone else who studies BJJ. All striking arts will eventually fade away, and be replaced by BJJ.

P.S. The meeting is at my house this weekend. We're gonna have blackjack. And hookers. Ah...forget the meeting and the blackjack.
    You see.He didn't end with a LOL!.How can I know if he is serious or joking?
Page 1 of 25 1 234511 ... LastLast