Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:05am

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Then next time someone rips on HKD or TKD say "You know, you're right. I agree. This is what I do to try and correct the problem: list the above stuff"

Or you can write a 1200 word diatribe about how BJJ and its practicioners are responsible for the majority of bullshit and misinformation.
    That works too.
    No one rails against the KMA establishment more than me. I can only do so much. It was not what I intended for this thread, but what the ****. When you call a nutrider out, it is only logical for him to cry foul and blast KMA, CMA, or whatever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****-
    it's 4am here. I gotta start training in 3 hours. I've got a test in 15 weeks and I have to rehearse my 1-steps, board breaking, and sucker-punching.

I should also do my ass tightening exercises so that when I get raped by a BJJ boy, he will actually enjoy it.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:13am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DngrRuss1
    Neither me or my instructors launched into that history BS with our students.

Do we do 1-steps and breaking- yep. Also sparring, takedowns, and submissions in our tests.

You want to continue to question my integrity- go **** yourself.
    For crying out loud, I was clearly asking whether you ever sat on panels where that sort of thing was done and what you did. I wasn't saying that's what your tests were like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    Did I? (miss the point)

It seems you're missing the point by quite a few miles.

The people you're talking about are not the peers of the people you're talking with right now. That's the whole point.
    The point is I don't care if you get worked up to be grouped with your peers, and yes if you do tkd, others doing tkd are your peers. I've already posted what reasonable responses would be.

Stop lying upa.

Mr Smith is correct, you are missing the point by a mile because it is always about the person, not the style.
    How many people did you knock out this weekend? And you only knock out the big ones right?

And no, it isn't solely about the person.
    By the way what exactly am I lying about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For crying out loud, I was clearly asking whether you ever sat on panels where that sort of thing was done and what you did. I wasn't saying that's what your tests were like.
    I won't sit on a panel it I know it's going to be Bullshit. If it turns out to be such, then I will take the instructor aside afterward and explain that I cannot be on another panel with him until he weeds out the BS.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one rails against the KMA establishment more than me. I can only do so much. It was not what I intended for this thread, but what the ****. When you call a nutrider out, it is only logical for him to cry foul and blast KMA, CMA, or whatever.
    It wasn't what you intended? WHat did you expect?
    90% (at least) of the top technical posts on this entire forum are from a bjj blue belt, and you post something as asinine as a claim that bjj'ers are responsible for most of the bullshit on this site. When you do KMA's and they're rife with worse "nutriders" and complete lies about history, techniques and training?
    Give me a break.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 6/29/2006 6:23am at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I won't sit on a panel it I know it's going to be Bullshit. If it turns out to be such, then I will take the instructor aside afterward and explain that I cannot be on another panel with him until he weeds out the BS.
    That's quite commendable and I'm very glad to hear it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:23am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point is I don't care if you get worked up to be grouped with your peers, and yes if you do tkd, others doing tkd are your peers. I've already posted what reasonable responses would be.
    OK, now I get what you're saying. Dimebag Darrell (RIP) and Janick Gers are peers - after all, they're both guitar players.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.
    Guess what? Some idiot who has had 3 months of bjj coming onto a site I frequent and spouting nonsense is going to be percieved as my peer and I can either deal with that (and the person's nonsense) or whine about it.

Kind of like how DngrRuss sees a post or two by some noob and attributes the same lame ideas to the rest of bjj practicioners. That's fine. However, if he actually read more threads he'd see that it is generally the people he is calling nutriders that run those idiots off the board.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 6/29/2006 6:40am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    90% (at least) of the top technical posts on this entire forum are from a bjj blue belt, and you post something as asinine as a claim that bjj'ers are responsible for most of the bullshit on this site. When you do KMA's and their rife with worse "nutriders" and complete lies about history, techniques and training?
    Give me a break.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I did not say that BJJrs were responsible for the BS on this site. But when the nutriders post, they make it sound like this is a BJJ only club and all others are not welcome. There is a lot of BS here and in MA in general, more than enough to go around. BJJ is not immune to it. I take offense to the nutriding. I take offense to the KMA BS liars even more! This rant was pointing out my observation about BJJ and the nutriders. It seems perfectly ok to bash all other systems and practitioners- but god forbid one should point that same critical finger at BJJ.

The difference between you and me is that I admit that KMA has more than its share of BS and misinformation. I, however, will not defend or support a KMAer if they fall into that group. I try hard to seperate myself from them and am more qualified than an outsider to be critical of them. You don't even see that there is anything wrong with the position, attitudes, or errors of the nutriders and wouldn't say, "hey guys, you might not be right on that one. Open your mind." Nope. Just like the neo-cons in the Republican party, it must be right cuz it came from our camp- all other ideas are treasonous and we won't even look at its validity cuz it is from the other side.

Please- god- don't let this become a political thread...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 6:32am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    90% (at least) of the top technical posts on this entire forum are from a bjj blue belt, and you post something as asinine as a claim that bjj'ers are responsible for most of the bullshit on this site. When you do KMA's and they're rife with worse "nutriders" and complete lies about history, techniques and training?
    Give me a break.
    Explain the correlation between threads about techniques in BJJ in a forum mostly about BJJ (DHS) and BJJ-nutriding attitude in the rest of the forae (in your face, Phil!)?
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast