Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's not a sparring technique and if you only plan on using it in self defense where you'd be wearing shoes, why even bother training your toe to be a lethal weapon?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this thread upsets me more and more and the urge to troll has been killing me...
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    this thread upsets me more and more and the urge to troll has been killing me...
    Heh!

Taking into consideration that you troll just about all Karate threads and 90% percent of what you say in those threads I usually ignore as the comments of an immature child.

Sfe,keep-up the good work.Like I've said already that the major area in your training is experience because of your point-sparring background.Not that there's anything wrong with training with people of other backgrounds.So if that opportunity should come up for you probably shouldl't knock it.Just like lesbianism,you should at least try it once in your life just to see if you might like it.

All I can say more is that you should just continue training with those kYokushin guys in Seattle.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 6/30/2006 4:36pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Heh!

Taking into consideration that you troll just about all Karate threads and 90% percent of what you say in those threads I usually ignore as the comments of an immature child.
    Since you respond to pretty much everything I say, it would seem that you in fact do not ignore me. I generally only troll kyokushin because you fuckers are such bleeding vaginas and make it so easy.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:39pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually attempt to check just about any kick I can with either an knee, shin or elbow. I've found it hurts me alot more but they usually stop throwing kicks.

Also usually on an inner thigh kick I attempt to contact with my shin (although its usually the very bottom of my shin if at all)

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinz
    I usually attempt to check just about any kick I can with either an knee, shin or elbow. I've found it hurts me alot more but they usually stop throwing kicks.

Also usually on an inner thigh kick I attempt to contact with my shin (although its usually the very bottom of my shin if at all)
    you're probably throwing your inside leg kicks out of range. IMO it's best to be within punching range when throwing the kick. Knees to the inner thigh are nice too.

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry but toe vs knee, shin or elbow toe loses every time. You really shouldn't endanger your toes like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 4:49pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're probably throwing your inside leg kicks out of range. IMO it's best to be within punching range when throwing the kick. Knees to the inner thigh are nice too.
    That was a problem I had alot. Been doing more and more drills using a jab to block their vision then throwing different kicks to the thighs or body. The good side effect is I step into range ;)

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you trying to litteraly stop every hit that sent your way?I just have this image of you dancing.

Also to kidspatula,don't group me together with Hannibal and I won't compare you to Broken-fingers OK!

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 6:27pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    If it's not a sparring technique and if you only plan on using it in self defense where you'd be wearing shoes, why even bother training your toe to be a lethal weapon?
    Kicking with the toe requires more than just strong toes. Besides the body hardening (koteate) of the toe, the entire foot has to be conditioned for stability up through the ankle. This will make a big difference when kicking someone with your toe even while wearing shoes.

Also, Matsumura Kenpo is not a competition themed karate style. I'm not getting down on Kyokushin or the like at all, I'm a huge fan. It's just that we don't train karate to fight matches. Hence my lack of experience and my dismal performance at the Kyokushin tourney I entered.

Sparring at my dojo after the event has changed quite a bit. It's much more like kickboxing (you don't have to jump down my throat Kidspatula, we're working on it) now that we've learned some stuff from experience. After all that's the point of getting out there, see what works and what doesn't.

I also love the shin kick to the inner thigh. Getting one of those off is a very satisfying feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    I'm sorry but toe vs knee, shin or elbow toe loses every time. You really shouldn't endanger your toes like that.
    I appreciate your concern but I'm fine with doing toe kicks.

For those of you who didn't bother to read the link that I supplied much earlier about the toe kick, here it is again:

The Old Okinawan Karate Toe Kick: Part 1- Introduction & Execution
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast