Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ya know, I gain nothing from sfe taking up muay thai, but doing so should help him fill in a lot of gaps I see in his standup game.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    ya know, I gain nothing from sfe taking up muay thai, but doing so should help him fill in a lot of gaps I see in his standup game.
    Like I mentioned, I learned a lot of lessons in my fight in that tourney. I will be working on them a long time.

Muay Thai is awesome, but I prefer Karate (for many reasons other than fighting). I don't want to be a pro fighter (or am fighter for that matter), I just want to be better than the average Joe at protecting myself.

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 12:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    In kickboxing there's usually a 90 day suspension if you've been KO'd. It's not really safe to be KO'd and fight again soon afterward.
    Yeah, he needed 90 days. He fought with a black eye in his last fight.

I talked to the ring doc before the tourney started. He didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. He let the guy who took second in my division fight his last fight with a broken hand.

His hand:
    Attached Images  

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sfe even if you do not plan on competing in kickboxing I would still check out a Muay Thai gym. If only to get a feel for the way they move and more specifically the way they kick.

I noticed you when you guys were kicking each other in the legs you were using your instep, if you opponent were to check the kick you could wind up with a broken foot.

If you crosstrain, even just to experience something new or to incorporate/learn something that may work better for you is not betraying or abandoning your style.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 12:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    I talked to the ring doc before the tourney started. He didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. He let the guy who took second in my division fight his last fight with a broken hand.
    It's a Kyokushin thing, whoever wins with the most damage to their body wins.

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 1:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    sfe even if you do not plan on competing in kickboxing I would still check out a Muay Thai gym. If only to get a feel for the way they move and more specifically the way they kick.

I noticed you when you guys were kicking each other in the legs you were using your instep, if you opponent were to check the kick you could wind up with a broken foot.

If you crosstrain, even just to experience something new or to incorporate/learn something that may work better for you is not betraying or abandoning your style.
    My style is all about toe kicking, not instep kicking. Again, the clip was us just mucking around, we didn't want to hurt each other (the clip was taken about a week or so before our tourney).

I know all about proper leg kicks, I lost my fight due to being nailed in the thigh by my opponent. It felt like he was trying to chop down a tree. After reviewing the DVD of the event, it was the best thigh kick of the day. Regardless of weight class.

And I agree about crosstraining. We're working on it but again, our focus is Karate.

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 1:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a Kyokushin thing, whoever wins with the most damage to their body wins.
    LOL! Yeah, I know what you mean.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 1:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    I know all about proper leg kicks, I lost my fight due to being nailed in the thigh by my opponent. It felt like he was trying to chop down a tree. After reviewing the DVD of the event, it was the best thigh kick of the day. Regardless of weight class.
    I know what you mean If a hadn't trained Enshin even a bad leg kick would have taken the fight out of me. An inner thigh kick would have left crying on the floor.

As for kicking with your toe, Whaa...?

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 1:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know what you mean If a hadn't trained Enshin even a bad leg kick would have taken the fight out of me. An inner thigh kick would have left crying on the floor.

As for kicking with your toe, Whaa...?
    Toe Kick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 2:11am

Style: Muay Thai, No Gi Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you just lost all respect...

EDIT: you never had any
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast