Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 5:03pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Special olympics wrestling, is it there if so....

I was watching "The Ringer" and in the special features they had footage from the REAL special olympics.

While watching some of these 'retarded' guys are better soccer and basket ball players then guys on my highschool basket ball team and soccer team.

That said, do they have a wrestling devision? It would be interesting to see.

This was motivated by the thread about TUF where people said Matt won in the special olympics.

While this was obviously not true that he was in the special olympics there was a level of contempt toward it.

But some of these guys would actually have to be pretty good......if they have a wrestling devision.

So....any info on the quility of wrestling they have? IF they have it?

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 5:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a feeling this thread will not be nice.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's usually a who is stronger match, but still a hell of a thing to watch. I got to see video because a kid from my high school competited. I would imagine youtube or google video would have something.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 5:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was no thread about Matt and the special Olympics. It was some stupid posters (like myself) no paying attention to what was said. The thread was about Tuf and the fights.

You realize this will be moved at some point? You should've put a question like this in General BS. IMO Trollshido.

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 5:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but the special olypmpics competitors dont seem as incompetent as people say it is.

I mean when you hear "He competeted in the special olympics'' people disregard that talent for...anything.

BUt they got to be atleast above average from your regular run of the mill wrestler.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 5:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    You realize this will be moved at some point? You should've put a question like this in General BS. IMO Trollshido.
    Ouch.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't Trollshido this thread. I have something to say.

Back when I did Judo I ran into an older blind guy, A WHITE BELT, who was taking some lessons. We did the usual technique work, etc. And then the class did randori. When I paired up with this guy I was a little creeped out. It would have been like going with a girl. I decided to take it easy on the old blind guy.

Little did I know that this ************ was Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman or some ****.

It wasn't long after we locked up that he spun around with a duck-under and almost suplexed me. I need to stop and describe what happened. It wasn't exactly a Dan Severn vs Anthony Macias suplex. But it could have been. The only thing that saved me was my athleticism and gymnastics background. I was able to spin a little bit and twist to avoid the full impact. But I am not going to lie. He got me up in the air and landed me on my ass. No joke.

After class he explained that the school for the blind he went to had a pretty good wrestling program. Lesson learned. Just cuz a guy is handicapped doesn't mean he can't whoop your fucking ass.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Ringer was a little dissapointing.

Not nearly as dissapointing as "Ball and Chain" which based on "Harold and Kumar" had me expecting a lot.

And the special olympics =/= the disabled olympics. To be honest I'm not sure why there are deaf olympics. It's like women's golf, bowling, poker or pool. Why?

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 7:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    The Ringer was a little dissapointing.

Not nearly as dissapointing as "Ball and Chain" which based on "Harold and Kumar" had me expecting a lot.

And the special olympics =/= the disabled olympics. To be honest I'm not sure why there are deaf olympics. It's like women's golf, bowling, poker or pool. Why?
    Yeah, in alot of sports deaf people do not have a disability compared to those that can hear.

Matt KIND OF has one since he cant hear his coach yelling, but im sure in other situations this isnt true.

What the hell is ball and chain about?

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 7:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Don't Trollshido this thread. I have something to say.

Back when I did Judo I ran into an older blind guy, A WHITE BELT, who was taking some lessons. We did the usual technique work, etc. And then the class did randori. When I paired up with this guy I was a little creeped out. It would have been like going with a girl. I decided to take it easy on the old blind guy.

Little did I know that this ************ was Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman or some ****.

It wasn't long after we locked up that he spun around with a duck-under and almost suplexed me. I need to stop and describe what happened. It wasn't exactly a Dan Severn vs Anthony Macias suplex. But it could have been. The only thing that saved me was my athleticism and gymnastics background. I was able to spin a little bit and twist to avoid the full impact. But I am not going to lie. He got me up in the air and landed me on my ass. No joke.

After class he explained that the school for the blind he went to had a pretty good wrestling program. Lesson learned. Just cuz a guy is handicapped doesn't mean he can't whoop your fucking ass.
    Badass.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast