5/24/2003 8:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Israeli Martial Arts

An Action News Special Report

May 14, 2002

It's harsh but its fans say it could save your life. It's a form of martial arts that was developed for the Israeli Army called Krav Maga. It's designed to help anyone even the small and the weak fend off an attacker. You can punch. You can kick. But knowing how to punch and kick could make the difference if you're ever attacked.

"When he pulls I don't fight, I go with it. The harder he pulls me, the harder he will then get kicked and then punched." Here at the Klein branch of the Jewish Community Center, teachers from the Kempo Karate school are teaching Krav Maga: A form of martial arts that's all about stopping or even hurting the one who wants to hurt you.
    It's a combination of Judo, Karate and other traditional eastern forms of martial arts with one key distinction: There are no poses; No talk of inner peace; It's all about results.

Dave Pantano/Counterstrike Kempo: "With Krav Maga it's based on self-instinct. It's not about stances and unrealistic movements, it's how to react naturally."

Some teachers say that properly taught Krav Maga can even be appropriate for children:

Avi Doar/Kaiserman J.C.C.: "You don't have to be a super athlete to be able to grasp the skills. Any average person, anybody, can learn Krav Maga."

Krav Maga emphasizes the importance of hitting places on the body that are vulnerable for even the strongest criminals:
    The nose and eyes
    The clavicle hollow
    The groin

Students at the Counterstrike Kenpo classes include police officers, a physician, and even schoolteachers. While the U.S. Air Marshals won't confirm it, sources tell Action News that Krav Maga will soon be part of their training program. Even though Krav Maga is designed for anyone, as always you should check with your physician before starting any new physical training.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/features/05142002_SR_martialarts.html
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    5/24/2003 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well isn't that stupid. Air Marshall's learning a martial art that is largely based around gun and knife disarms, and is tested regularly on one of the most dangerous places on the planet. What are they thinking!!

Maybe they should look into scars.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Ghandi

"I have found the essence of Bushido: to die!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2003 10:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess the Krav Maga guys have the best sales people and best sales pitch...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2003 10:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is Krav Maga when it comes to closed quarter combat? You can't get any better than a airplane full of scared people with a limited amount of room.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 8:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav Maga is what the Israeli air marshalls have been using for years. It's worked for them so far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to know about the real stuff contact the staff of Col.Avi Nardia on the Kapap of Israel.

"We're pawns in this game."

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh no!! Please sir, don't grab my clavicle!! Such a badass-sounding move must surely be impossible to defend against!

Always go swimming with a buddy
    Work real hard and always study
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny guy?

"We're pawns in this game."

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 11:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *grabs clavicle*
    *realizes his grip is extremely poor, but even if it weren't, what the hell could he do with a clavicle anyway?*
    *is punched repeatedly for his efforts*

Always go swimming with a buddy
    Work real hard and always study
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 12:17am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Oh no!! Please sir, don't grab my clavicle!! Such a badass-sounding move must surely be impossible to defend against!"

very misrepresented tech here boyd. try jamming your fingers down in behind the collarbone.

also, the proper way to treat a collarbone is to break it.

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast