Thread: Bullshido? What do you think?
6/26/2006 8:27am, #11Originally Posted by Trubble
The 10th degree is self given aka his own system. So its ****.
8th degree black belt in kung Fu is ****. Chinese MA don't use Japanese ranking.
Combat Aikido is just silly. Whether the rest is true, who knows. Did you actually go to the school?
6/26/2006 8:38am, #12
6/26/2006 9:20am, #13
6/26/2006 9:38am, #14
Here are some juicy quotes from his bio...
Grandmaster Lukacs trained from an early age to be a full contact fighter, as was the desire of Grandmaster Chow. He went on to earn eight Titles in full contact fighting. He retired his titles in 1994 going undefeated with a total of thirteen years.
Grandmaster Lukacs was born in New Haven, Connecticut. His first instructor was Grandmaster David Chow of the “Chow Family Clan” (China). Throughout the years Grandmaster Lukacs trained under Grandmaster, learning the ancient art of Dragon Kung Fu. He trained with other Masters during his path with Grandmaster Chow, to include Master Surin Lordigo, Master Ronald Lonsdale, Grandmaster Arney Scholer and Sifu Bruce Walker, and several other instructors, learning various arts and techniques.
Grandmaster Lukacs earned his 1st degree black belt from GM Chow after testing before the Grand Grandmaster (the father of the Chow Family Clan). Upon acceptance into the family he was officially awarded the rank of 1st degree black belt in Dragon Kung Fu.
Grandmaster Lukacs was inducted into the World Head of Family Sokeship Council International Martial Arts Hall of Fame in September 2001, as “Master Instructor of The Year”, and again in 2004 as "Grandmaster of The Year". In November 2003 he was also inducted into the International Martial arts Association as "Grandmaster of The Year". He is also a member of the IMAA Soke Council.
In 1995, Grandmaster Lukacs created the National Dragon Council of Martial Arts which was recognized by WOMA, and was also recognized for the on going process of creating the style of Tactical Combat Arts. The NDCMA was a private organization, open only to close friends until 2000. At this time the NDCMA opened it's doors to the world for all martial artists, and in 2003 the web site of the NDCMA was born, giving easier access to the world to see who the NDCMA is.
In 2003 he was recognized as Grandmaster and Founder of the Tactical Combat Arts System, and was awarded the rank and title of "10th Dan Soke, Tactical Combat Arts Systems", by the United Martial Arts Association, and the World Organization of Martial Arts (WOMA).
In October of 2003, Grandmaster Lukacs was asked to become a member of the International Combat Aikido and Jujitsu Federation, as a Member of the Board of Directors, Advisor in Chinese Combat Arts.
In January of 2004, Grandmaster Lukacs was invited to become a member of the Combat Martial Arts Federation "Soke Council", and was asked to be the President of the United States Chapter.
On July 10th, 2004, Grandmaster Lukacs wad awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Asian Martial Arts from the World Organizer of Martial Arts, International Council of Higher Martial Arts Education.
Currently Grandmaster Lukacs has a bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, and is now working on his Masters. He teaches to local and government law enforcement officials.
Organizations Grandmaster Lukacs is associated with:
Brotherhood; Order of The Arrow
All in all, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
6/26/2006 9:47am, #15
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Bel Air, Maryland
Oeder of the Arrow is an organization with the Boy Scouts!
6/26/2006 9:57am, #16
WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL DRAGON COUNCIL UNIVERSITY OF ASIAN STUDIES The NDCUAS was founded by Grandmaster George Lukacs, PhD. MA ,of the National Dragon Council of Martial Arts, in association the World Organization of Mixed Martial Arts. The NDCUAS grants different degrees under our own authority. We have developed our own accreditation system and curriculum. We grant degrees based upon these requirements.Our Degree Programs offer Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorates. These degrees are not to be confused with traditional Academic Degrees, but to show professional status within the Martial Arts Community. It is expected that our degree holders will not rely on these degrees to obtain employment or to seek a Visa for entrance into another country.
6/26/2006 10:11am, #17
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Okinawan Karate
6/26/2006 10:53am, #18
Well someone with a bullshido.com e-mail account shoudl in vite the doctor on here so that he can defend his program... Its only fair (and funny)
6/26/2006 11:50am, #19
Oh geeze...The whole degree in martial arts crap is just hip deep in this guy's site.
Has anyone looked at the requirements for a "bachelor's" degree?
1. Candidate must fill out University registration form
2. Candidate must be at least a 1st Dan before applying for program of study
3. Candidate must have a minimum of eight (8) years active training in the martial arts, must show proof
4. Candidate must be a minimum of 23 years old before completion of degree
5. Candidate must provide certified copy of rank certificate
6. Candidate must submit a Letter of Approval from current instructor
7. Candidate must have no less than three Letters of Recommendation from professionals within the community
8. Candidate must complete no less than 80 hours Community Service, and supply proof of said service
9. Candidate will be required to submit several papers on the following subjects:
* 2000 word essay titled: What the Martial Arts Means In My Life
* 2500 word essay describing the martial art you study, and what makes it unique
* 2500 word essay on the history of martial arts
* 2000 word essay on what it means to be a black belt
6/26/2006 11:56am, #20
The University has a set standard that we require from the work you submit. All work must be done in a professional manner. As with any other University, when we receive your Essays, the Board will go over them.
• We are looking for in-depth, detailed work.
• It must be precise and clear.
• It must follow along with the subject of the essay
• It must make sense
• All works will be original, not copied from a book
• All essays must be typed in Times New Roman script at 12 point
• Lines will be double spaced
• It will be on white paper
• All efforts will be made for proper spelling
Your work does not "Have" to be spell checked...as long as you make a resonable effort. ****...Even I could get a degree.