More human than human is our motto.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/01/2006 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gymnastics... that will the reason for my nephew; gymnastics and chicks, that would be my reason :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/01/2006 11:39am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I start at 2.5 years old.

THe trick is to remember how old the participant is and teach appropriately. By four they should be throwing with recognizable technique and should no all the basic punching combinations.

Basically, if the teacher understands his age group, it will be a good class. If they try to teach like the class is older, the kids will hate it in short order.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    7/01/2006 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Karate

Sparring is an integral part of our training in tang soo do,as are weapons (haidong gumdo, taegeukbong, etc.). We as a school are very active in competition as well.

Chuck Norris' primary style is TSD . . . he trained under Kwanjangnim C.S. Kim in Korea, whose nephew is my Sabomnim - M.K. Kim.

If you ever find yourself in Charlotte, NC come by our school for a friendly sparring session. You'll find we know a thing or two about fighting and self-defense.
    Hmmm...

You seem to have missed my follow up message. I really don't know much about TSD or Chuck Norris for that matter, but I'm glad to hear you guys spar realistically and not point-fighting style.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234