Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Thread: Ogawa Ryu

Style
    aikijutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I've investigated the guy time ago. Infidel is correct.
    And what does that have to do with the roots of this style? For what it is worth if I ever wind up in Brazil and am considering the training ( I wouldn't) I will keep this in mind.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The koppojutsu in those videos is bujinkan koppojutsu if u slow it down you'll see it in their movement of the kamae that's all it is. Going from jumonji no kamae ,ichimonji no kamae, hicho no kamae, kosai no kamae , etc...even the way they punch to block then slap the other hand down be for the next punch is thrown to open them up for the next punch or elbow. Note the way they elbow the elbow to and punch from that point even the finger and thumb locks are forms of omote giaku to. The throws are not judo throws you all hate the bujinkan so much you don't even see it but then again none of you ever trains in bujinkan taijutsu so how would u know cuz u want to believe that what u see in those videos is what the is all their is to the art. You will never understand the true secrets of the bujinkan and there so simple it funny. So please stop hating

Style
    Sento-jutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not Japanese

Ogawa ryu is not a Japanese art. By that I mean that it has no provable ties to Japan. No one in Japan seems to know it exists. And if you know anything about Japanese, that just doesn't happen.
    Wayne Muromoto weighed in on them a few years back. For those that don't know him, Muromoto knows a bit about traditional Japanese arts. What really got him was the tea ceremony stuff they posted. For the martial arts stuff, he thought that maybe it was due to poor students trying their best. But he was able to see that the tea stuff they did was totally bogus.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by House420 View Post
    The koppojutsu in those videos is bujinkan koppojutsu if u slow it down you'll see it in their movement of the kamae that's all it is. Going from jumonji no kamae ,ichimonji no kamae, hicho no kamae, kosai no kamae , etc...even the way they punch to block then slap the other hand down be for the next punch is thrown to open them up for the next punch or elbow. Note the way they elbow the elbow to and punch from that point even the finger and thumb locks are forms of omote giaku to. The throws are not judo throws you all hate the bujinkan so much you don't even see it but then again none of you ever trains in bujinkan taijutsu so how would u know cuz u want to believe that what u see in those videos is what the is all their is to the art. You will never understand the true secrets of the bujinkan and there so simple it funny. So please stop hating

While we see how an illiterate pothead child might be inspired by the beauty of booj, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of evidence here. You have proof this trash is useful? Go ahead and share. Until then no one gives a **** what you think.

u want to believe that what u see in those videos is what the is all their is to the art.

****, I just love this line so much that I had to give it second reading. Nobody believes that's all there is, everyone knows that's all there is. If there'd ever been anything else to it it would have been proven long ago by now. You want to believe that there are things that exist without any evidence? Then you better start accepting that leprechauns heat your oven and pigeons are hyper-brilliant super beings living in our cities to spy upon the most successful. Not everyone's going to be joining you though, we're not all that stupid. When all that the booj can demonstrate is the same non-functional crap you see at any pyjama clad mandancing lesson, it is not because they are disguising magical effectiveness as tripe. It is because it is the same crap as all the non-functional pyjama clad mandancing lessons.

Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about you go **** yourself?

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    While we see how an illiterate pothead child might be inspired by the beauty of booj, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of evidence here. You have proof this trash is useful? Go ahead and share. Until then no one gives a **** what you think.

****, I just love this line so much that I had to give it second reading. Nobody believes that's all there is, everyone knows that's all there is. If there'd ever been anything else to it it would have been proven long ago by now. You want to believe that there are things that exist without any evidence? Then you better start accepting that leprechauns heat your oven and pigeons are hyper-brilliant super beings living in our cities to spy upon the most successful. Not everyone's going to be joining you though, we're not all that stupid. When all that the booj can demonstrate is the same non-functional crap you see at any pyjama clad mandancing lesson, it is not because they are disguising magical effectiveness as tripe. It is because it is the same crap as all the non-functional pyjama clad mandancing lessons.
    Cap you just don't get it... The fact that somebody in this site said a video looked ok for compliant stuff ten years ago and another video by the same people is totally buj like is proof that ninjas are real...

Proof I tell you!

Style
    Fire Mop
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How or why did this get revived?

Page 5 of 5 First 12345