Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 12:51am

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Act like it hurt...

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...0&postcount=48

"Another reason is pain compliance. The uke to be a good uke in ANY martial art doing a pre-set training exercise needs to react as if he were really hit in order for the drill to proceed correctly..."

I am laughing my fucking ass off. :toothy10: That's got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

React "as if" he were really hit...

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 2:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He seems that he could almost figure out the bullshit of the bujinkan, but isn't quite ready to let it go. He understands the psychological pressure to act a certian way in a group in order to fit in, and he seems to see that such compliance is due to this, but doesn't make the conclusion that the training is poor quality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 3:41am

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you would just hit a bitch then you wouldn't have to act.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 3:52am

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you dont move your body too `roll with the punches` so too speak you are going too take the full force of the blows, your body learns too roll with the punches and you can use this against someone.
    its pretty simple really if you think about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 5:17am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhhh....But if you are trained to react with "Was that your best shot? *****."
    Oh my world, now I cant learn the real MAs.:llorar:

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 7:10am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_jebus
    if you dont move your body too `roll with the punches` so too speak you are going too take the full force of the blows, your body learns too roll with the punches and you can use this against someone.
    its pretty simple really if you think about it.
    Since there is'nt a single fucking ninja that can hit worth of **** anyway, you might as well stand still. Besides, it's just too funny when they go "You're supposed to fall down."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 7:54am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roll with the blows?

Is that similar to what happens when you get hit so hard you end up rolling backwards in pain/shock?

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 8:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is, you can take almost any of the posts on the ninjitsu forum of MAP and get a disaster:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cole on MAP
    Originally Posted by garth
    "OK I want to practice Omote Gyaku from a lapel grab, So I want you to reach forward with either hand and grab my Gi, but once I commence the defence, at any time if you can throw a punch, kick, headbutt or resist, or upset my movement please do so"

I think with this approach, people who thought that they could do a really good technique might be in for a few bruises, both to their body and their ego."

That depends, of course, on whether you believe that "training to be able to put on good techniques" is what Hatsumi-sensei is teaching as Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. There are plenty of other arts that focus on that philosophy of training and people who want that would be better served by training in those arts....

The techniques change VASTLY when both the uke and the tori are shaping the space. But just because the techniques change does NOT mean that the principals underlying the techniques do.

The danger of this type of oneupsmanship is that people start to feel that if they "cannot get the technique on" that they are doing it wrong. When, in fact, when they start to feel that, they are doing it wrong.

I'm still not sure why these posts are here in this thread though.... Brad, could you please move them to a new thread? Thanks.

-ben

Genius

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 9:41am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This seems to be the case with the systema folk too. Just take a look at the vids in that thread. This is also the same case with SCARS training and other RBSD.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/25/2006 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard **** like that. Most RBSD leaning "acting" in drills is under the guise of the techniques being "too deadly" to do full force, so the person HAS to act. To an extent I suppose I could agree when doing a dirty tactic portion of a class, but for that to be the focal point of your training is a waste of time.

This is why so many MA schools have such a vast gap between their live sparring (assuming they do it) and the techniques they drill for hours on end.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast