6/24/2006 11:44am

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA back in Ohio

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=4835

Saturday, June 24, 2006
    by Sherdog.com Staff

Ending nearly two months of uncertainty for the sport in Ohio, the state athletic commission this week voted unanimously to remove the moratorium placed upon mixed martial arts events in the Buckeye State.

Along with the immediate reinstatement of MMA, the Ohio Athletic Commission, led by Executive Director Bernie Profato, approved a new set of rules designed to raise the bar for fighter safety, including officially adding the two weigh-in system that debuted at March's Gracie Fighting Championships and making a five-rope ring mandatory for all contests not held in a cage or fenced in area.

According to the commission’s Web site, “The director and the commission members felt in removing the moratorium they would be recognizing the efforts of many who have helped raise the standards in Ohio and wish to continue to be one of the leading states in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.”

This week’s progress, which comes on the heels of the news that the Colorado State Athletic Commission put an end to amateur competition in its state, could clear a path for the International Fight League’s Columbus Razorclaws, coached by PRIDE and UFC tournament champion Mark Coleman, to run a show in the Ohio's capital this winter.
    Anyone in Ohio that can reap the benefits?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 12:24pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This week’s progress, which comes on the heels of the news that the Colorado State Athletic Commission put an end to amateur competition in its state, could clear a path for the International Fight League’s Columbus Razorclaws, coached by PRIDE and UFC tournament champion Mark Coleman, to run a show in the Ohio's capital this winter.
    When was this? Their was amature MMA/Kickboxing/Boxing during May 20, MMA Ring of Fire last weekend, and i know their are more scheduled in september.

As for the two weigh in system, I like the idea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 12:29pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    COLORADO bans amateur MMA

6-20-2006

Denver, Colorado

On Monday, the Colorado State Boxing Commission notified fight promoters of an indefinite state-wide ban on all

amateur mixed-martial arts bouts. No reasons were given for their actions.

Developing..................
    http://www.starzworld.com/

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 12:39pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't recall MMA shows shutting down, but I do know that there were a lot of discussions going on in regards to rules and such. There is an MMA event tonight in the Cincinnati area called ICE. They have MMA shows here almost every other month.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. I didn't know there was a moratorium. What was it? For a week somewhere? Hell, they had king of the cage in Cleveland last year. The local hung gar school does an annual MMA contest (fists against hunger).

So I don't know what they're talking about.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.