Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 8:38am

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More like faith in _ing _un - 1500 if you had any.

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 11:13am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never had any.:-P
    But hey, supercrap (that is your handle, I'm not insulting you) I hope you eventually get a chance to repay the "favor" your cocklint of a "master" has done you. Lord knows, if I had a significant other, nothing would harm her and get away with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2006 6:35am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jimmy's rep isnt that great practitioner-wise and I've met a few of his ex-instructors who have said that one way or another.

He's more of a businessman who saw an opportunity around 'Enter the Dragon' with increased awareness of _ing __un, then quit his job as a public servant and started a club which turned into a successful franchise of businesses.

He went to High School in Australia, not in Hong Kong where he claims to have trained for ages. His groups tend to be totally insular and catty - which reeks of protectionism. You can do an expensive TAFE course in becoming a Jimmy instructor and start your own franchise.

Also note the pivoting push on the push punch. See torquing is allowed :) - Hey I do it but then I dont have the real _ing __un. I tend to cross-train more than anything these days because I enjoy sparring different formats and want to be able to sceptical rather than brain washed, and I want to be physically fit rather than have chi.

One time a student of Jimmy's said that chi comes from the spleen and is like bile. Hmm.. An ex-instructur there one time told me the only time he had used _ing __un in a fight was after he told a drunk guy he didnt want to fight and then when the guy turned away he punched him as hard as he could in the face.... So it didnt really count in my books. Also at one stage in the early 80's he promoted a 15 year old to sifu rank. This is because past a certain level students are forced to teach if they wish to continue training so that the franchise can grow.
    Last edited by Lefty; 6/26/2006 6:47am at .

Posted On:
    6/26/2006 7:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ladies and gents, we have bullshido.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    6/26/2006 7:36am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can do a two-year course under Fung (or rather, under his instructors) and open up your own school.

The issue of quality control worries me.

I have a healthy respect for any martial art worth its salt - Judo, Boxing, Kyokushin, etc. etc., arts that are outside of my core art of BJJ and a dabbling in shooto. But most of these guys will literally not give any respect to any other art. They think everything is inferior. Makes me sick.

One of the reasons I left was that classes were stuffed full of foreign students who didn't give a **** about the kung fu, and were only there for the visa.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    6/26/2006 8:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's like a brand new thang: Green card mcDojo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12