Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011

Thread: TMA vs LARPing

  1. #101
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,358
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figure when people are like that it's because they're just culturually LARPing. IE, they take up karate and all the sudden they're obessed with Japan and Samurai, etc

    The big girl weighed in at circa 330, not for sure exactly how much because the scale was maxed out.

  2. #102
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Note to self: Be in Georgia next Oct. 31.
    I read the concept for the game like a year ago or whenever it was that she first showed me and it really does look like a total blast. Also, now that I know how easy it is to scare Kat (sometimes when we're in bed I'll start acting like a monster and it'll totally freak her out) I think the game would be even more hilariously awesome. The only catch is that to be really fun the game requires a LOT of people, a lot of cluttered land (we were planning to use Kat's granny's land back in Tennessee) and airsoft guns which are rather pricey.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    447
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if someone wants to help me get down there from all the way up near Toledo i'll be happy to join in.

    Also: in my D20: Modern Corebook (using the expansion 'Urban Arcana') if I lose a dice roll against one of my freinds, instead of a saving through can I just armbar and/or triangle choke them and say that it counters them? Would that be LARPing too?

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai
    Well, if someone wants to help me get down there from all the way up near Toledo i'll be happy to join in.

    Also: in my D20: Modern Corebook (using the expansion 'Urban Arcana') if I lose a dice roll against one of my freinds, instead of a saving through can I just armbar and/or triangle choke them and say that it counters them? Would that be LARPing too?
    It depends on how much gin I've had before running the game.

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,081
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=AnnaTrocity]I figure when people are like that it's because they're just culturually LARPing. IE, they take up karate and all the sudden they're obessed with Japan and Samurai, etc
    QUOTE]

    Thats a very good way of putting it!

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,081
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Also, now that I know how easy it is to scare Kat (sometimes when we're in bed I'll start acting like a monster and it'll totally freak her out) I think the game would be even more hilariously awesome. .
    What kind of monster? Traditional vampire? Werewolf? Fankenstein.....


    Dont tell me you attach a couple of bolts to your neck, paint your skin green and go around calling her "Igor?".

    Ok..... now I've got an incredibly funny image stuck in my head.

    Or is is monster in the figurative sense. IE. Hogging all the blankets?

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,081
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    The big girl weighed in at circa 330, not for sure exactly how much because the scale was maxed out.
    Sorry to triple post, was meaning to ask. What did you weigh in at for that match?

  8. #108
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong
    What kind of monster? Traditional vampire? Werewolf? Fankenstein.....


    Dont tell me you attach a couple of bolts to your neck, paint your skin green and go around calling her "Igor?".

    Ok..... now I've got an incredibly funny image stuck in my head.

    Or is is monster in the figurative sense. IE. Hogging all the blankets?
    sometimes I'll act like a zombie, sometimes I'll act like the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers, sometimes I'll just start biting her, sometimes it's a combination of the three.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,081
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    sometimes I'll act like a zombie, sometimes I'll act like the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers, sometimes I'll just start biting her, sometimes it's a combination of the three.
    Oh! I get it.... sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake! A whole lot of references and stuff suddenly make sense ;)

    I sometimes dress up as a sasquatch for a larf and am also planning a lochness monster hoax

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO