Style
    Kung Fu San Soo, Aikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SuperChicken1 here...

Let's see my profile looks like :

Karate on and off from age 5 to 12.
    Kung Fu San Soo age 13 - 19 (Black Belt under Al Rubin)
    Ki Aikido under Koichi Kashawara Sensei and Vic Montcomery Sensei 2 years
    Combat Pistol Shooting 4 years
    Various other forms studied informally

I am supposed to explain the unusual and the arcane so...

Kung Fu San Soo - see "Preditor Training" and "Sudden Violence" by Greg ... Ah I can't remember his last name and I trained with him for over a year. Oh yea Greg Jones... - (side note he has a very strange sense of humor). In a nut shell it is all about stopping your atacker with out regard for thier well being - break bones, neck, shatter joints, leverages and throws, strikes and kicks but nothing fancy in the case of the last two. Falling is the first thing you learn how to do because you will be doing it alot in practice.

Ki Aikido - this is Koichi Tohei's Shin SHin Toitsu Aikido... see books by him or for a really nice treatment for westerners see books like "Ki: a path everyone can walk" by... crap... what is his name... I trained with him a few times as well. Oh yea it is
    *spam

This form of Aikido is all about using your oponents energy/force in order to convince him to leave you alone... much more peacceful attitude than kung Fu San Soo. Just because the guy doesn't know how to fall and roll is his own problem. Again falling and rolling are keys to practicing this art because if you don't know how you will get ... broken.

Combat pistol shooting ... this was with the Southwest Pistol Leage in LA and various gorups in KS & MO. Seems off the beaten path of martial arts as I think about it but ... This was IPSC or USPSA sanctioned competition ... a lot like the police coourses where you move and shoot at stationary, movien, covered targets etc. I have shot from a moving vehicle (and not on public streets) Hanging from a parachute harness sliding down a metal rail. from the top of a 20 foot ladder... fun stuff like that.

My wife and I have recently gotten hooked on UFC fights and the reality show... I love to watch and am thinking about studing Brazilian Jujitsu but in reality I don't have time for any of it at present. Two jobs a wife, 5 children and 3 grandchildren with an occational scuba dive pretty much takes up my time... I do lift weights and do cardio to keep in shape and occationally sleep.
    Well that is all for now.

SC1
    Last edited by Omega; 6/23/2006 11:32am at .

Style
    MT/SUB GRAPPLING
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With a name like "SuperChicken1" you are almost guaranteed instant respect.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least he knows how to shoot...

I had you pegged for a teenager or an early twentysomething until you started talking about grandkids. Can you blame me? Your profile mostly references your childhood years.

Welcome to Bullshido. Be prepared for a shitstorm of criticism from twentysomething nutriders once you post outside Newbietown. Let's just say that Aikido is not the most beloved MA around here.

Style
    no gi bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SuperChicken... your name reminds me of my college's intramural team.

On the field, I am a Berkeley Thunder Chicken.

By night, I am a Thunder Cock.
    -Jordan

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperChicken1
    Let's see my profile looks like :

Karate on and off from age 5 to 12.
    Kung Fu San Soo age 13 - 19 (Black Belt under Al Rubin)
    Ki Aikido under Koichi Kashawara Sensei and Vic Montcomery Sensei 2 years
    Combat Pistol Shooting 4 years
    Various other forms studied informally

I am supposed to explain the unusual and the arcane so...

Kung Fu San Soo - see "Preditor Training" and "Sudden Violence" by Greg ... Ah I can't remember his last name and I trained with him for over a year. Oh yea Greg Jones... - (side note he has a very strange sense of humor). In a nut shell it is all about stopping your atacker with out regard for thier well being - break bones, neck, shatter joints, leverages and throws, strikes and kicks but nothing fancy in the case of the last two. Falling is the first thing you learn how to do because you will be doing it alot in practice.

Ki Aikido - this is Koichi Tohei's Shin SHin Toitsu Aikido... see books by him or for a really nice treatment for westerners see books like "Ki: a path everyone can walk" by... crap... what is his name... I trained with him a few times as well. Oh yea it is
    *spam

This form of Aikido is all about using your oponents energy/force in order to convince him to leave you alone... much more peacceful attitude than kung Fu San Soo. Just because the guy doesn't know how to fall and roll is his own problem. Again falling and rolling are keys to practicing this art because if you don't know how you will get ... broken.

Combat pistol shooting ... this was with the Southwest Pistol Leage in LA and various gorups in KS & MO. Seems off the beaten path of martial arts as I think about it but ... This was IPSC or USPSA sanctioned competition ... a lot like the police coourses where you move and shoot at stationary, movien, covered targets etc. I have shot from a moving vehicle (and not on public streets) Hanging from a parachute harness sliding down a metal rail. from the top of a 20 foot ladder... fun stuff like that.

My wife and I have recently gotten hooked on UFC fights and the reality show... I love to watch and am thinking about studing Brazilian Jujitsu but in reality I don't have time for any of it at present. Two jobs a wife, 5 children and 3 grandchildren with an occational scuba dive pretty much takes up my time... I do lift weights and do cardio to keep in shape and occationally sleep.
    Well that is all for now.

SC1

You do know that San Soo and Aikido with Ki are not highly regarded here. You should cruise around a bit more and brace yourself. The reason I'm pre warning you is because you actually thought you needed to explain yourself and your style as if we here, on a martial art site, wouldn't know what those systems were. They aren't rare. :gaygay:

Style
    MT/SUB GRAPPLING
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    You do know that San Soo and Aikido with Ki are not highly regarded here. You should cruise around a bit more and brace yourself. The reason I'm pre warning you is because you actually thought you needed to explain yourself and your style as if we here, on a martial art site, wouldn't know what those systems were. They aren't rare. :gaygay:
    Wait, who are you and what have you done with the real Omega?

Style
    Savate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by THX-1138
    Wait, who are you and what have you done with the real Omega?
    MAPpers have kidnapped him, and placed some poser. God only knows what heŽll say next. Probably he will confess his undying love of KickChick, and that we shouldnŽt be so mean at main forums.

Village of Idiocy Resident

Style
    Dead Lemur Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -----------Be prepared for a shitstorm of criticism from twentysomething nutriders once you post outside Newbietown. Let's just say that Aikido is not the most beloved MA around here-----------

koichi tohei's aikido is very different from common aikido.
    but i wouldnt expect most of the people here to know.. or understand the difference.