Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:18pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

French leotard fighting footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DymS3...&search=savate

Fall-Telemaque vs Sarr fight under Combat (full-contact with just gloves, mouthpiece, and groinguard) rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrdBq...&search=savate

Fall-Telemaque vs Karoum in Assaut (light-contact) rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkBN6...&search=savate

Australians doing Defense dans la rue aka for t3h str33t.:new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:31pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Savate is surprisingly badass. I wouldn't mind supplimenting my Muay Thai with a bit of Savate technique, but no one near me teaches it.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Savate is cool, but the musical selection in those clips suck ass!!!! That and the leotards make baby jesus cry.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's because Jesus was way softer when he was a baby. Savate fighters don't really have schools for some odd reason. You just have to seek them out. Damnest thing too cause the will train you if you ask.

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 9:07am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, savate is surprising. I'm French, and I barely ever heard about it, t'ill I saw a segment on it in a Swedish MA program called "Rallarsving" (Swedish for Haymaker.) I was surprised and positively so, but those damn "leotards" are really gay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 2:01pm

Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiBoxerShorts
    Savate is surprisingly badass. I wouldn't mind supplimenting my Muay Thai with a bit of Savate technique, but no one near me teaches it.
    Doesn't work. The power generation in the body is largely incompatible. The mix will work on a "kicking superficial ass" level, but nothing past that. Watch the videos, and look at how they generate power. Nothing at all like the Thai stuff.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1st movie was good. Second was kinda what I expect to see from point fighters...especially the skip forward on one foot BS. 3rd clip was comical. maybe it was the music choice.

speaking of music choices for fighting vids, I can't remember what clip it was but there's nothing more incompatible than fighting and Enya. Fucking Enya.

GE

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, "assault" is a <i>category</i> of boxe francais, not a different art. So unlike some karate schools, a bf player who plays assault will still be expected to play full-contact, and vice versa. In fact, they have a middle range called "pre'-combat" which is medium-contact designed to warm a fighter up for his ring date w/o running the risk of taking him out from damage.

The foot skip you're referring to is a perfect example of how MT and normal kickboxing differ dramatically from boxe francais' power generation. Done correctly, said moves maintain the body transfer that a full chambered kick does -- they're typical for the ring, where you need speed and you're only allowed to throw the ***** variations of the kicks. BF players don't root the way that you do in most kick-boxing, so anything that lets them put their body weight in motion is golden. Sucks trying to chase the little f**kers around, since they can do weird shiat like kicking you while they're running away.

I'm afraid to even look at that third link.
    I looked at the third link. "Oh God my eyes" would be a start. They'd better hope they never run into somebody who knows how to box. That guy's just begging to get brain-stemmed with a hook.
    Last edited by Happycrow; 6/22/2006 4:22pm at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a show on Savate on the Fitness Channel. Is it true that you can't hit someone with your shin or else you get DQ'd.

From what I understand it's American Kickboxing with tights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 4:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a lot of similarities. The way a bf guy generates power, though, he wouldn't *want* to hit somebody with his shin. BF relies more on angular momentum, so hitting with a shorter arc isn't going to get him anything. Check the bout with Sarr in it. YOu'll notice that even when he takes a quickie shot at the other guy's leg, he's careful to scoot out far enough that he can hit with an extended leg, whereas a regular kickboxer or MT guy would likely have just blown in with the shin.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast