223561 Bullies, 3942 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 9:26pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Might invest in some scothgard on that bag pre-outdoor hanging.
    whoops, forgot to mention that i decided to just hang it inside and skip the mold issue completely.

You dont really need much clearance, for a long bag most gyms just have them at a dead rest on the ground and the chains simply keep them upright (usually with some minor leaning.

Personally i like the dead rested bags for kicking as you really get a better gauge of how hard you kick.
    really? hmm... i'll have to keep that in mind. my current thought is that if i get enough use out of the 42" bag indoors, i might upgrade to a nice 6footer.
    Last edited by pauli; 8/09/2006 9:29pm at .

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    I've had those close encounters myself, and that can kill your libido faster than a picture of Oprah in lingerie :XXpuke:
    He met her at a wedding and came home with a white smear all down his leg. Guess where she was grinding... :sad4:

Best part, he took it back to the tux rental place as is. When asked what it was, he replied... "Cake". Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    whoops, forgot to mention that i decided to just hang it inside and skip the mold issue completely.

really? hmm... i'll have to keep that in mind. my current thought is that if i get enough use out of the 42" bag indoors, i might upgrade to a nice 6footer.
    Gots my 6 footer resting on the floor. Good for the shins as the 200+ lb bag doesn't get much swing unless you really wallop it.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 3:48pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't want to hijack the thread and sorry if this is a question that has been asked before or deemed incredibly stupid, but here goes. I'm not a fighter, I'm an enthusiast. I have no goals of becoming a fighter but I do enjoy a good bag workout three or four times a week for about an hour to an hour and half. That being said, I live in an apartment complex on the bottom floor and I hung a 70 lbs bag from my ceiling. For a while I was working the night shift so when I worked out during the day my upstairs neighbors weren't home and therefore didn't hear me working out. I've switched schedules so now, like most people, I get out of work at about 5:30 pm. Now when I hit the bag in the evening they start stomping on the floor like it's judgement day. My question is, do the freestanding bags where you fill the base with water make less noise? Are they even worth a damn? I've hit a few lightly and they seem to move a hell of a lot, or just seem flimsy in general. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. And yes, I had a membership to a boxing gym for a while, but like I said, I'm an enthusiast not a fighter and I always felt like I was taking up space from someone that was actually training for fight. Everyone was always polite and all that, but still, I would prefer to workout in the privacy of my own home. Thanks again.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My question is, do the freestanding bags where you fill the base with water make less noise? Are they even worth a damn?
    They're shitty.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Yeah, mine is pretty tired, I'm trying to move it up a bit this week as the top quarter is essentially empty leather thanks to it all shifting to the bottom. It's real tough on my shins for roundhouse kicks, but it's helping those a lot. For head shots now though, it sucks ass as I'm mostly hitting the empty space. Still does the job though, and with one right outside it's a lot easier to fit in a workout on it.

Only downsides are stepping on roots in bare feet, shitty weather, and a faint stink.
    I recently added a couple t-shirts and lightly sprayed a 15%bleach/85%water mix into the stuffing of the bag .

The t-shirts helped to stiffen it up a bit ... but the bag still stinks and looks horribly depressed . Maybe I should get it some some anti-depressants . I am planning to unzip the fucking thing and restuff it with old ripped up bed sheets and anything else I can cram in there . I seriously get grossed out when it sprews green **** out the bottom .

As for your down sides ... I feel you . Luckily one of my new training partners dropped off about 150 lbs of pristine sandbox filler . I spread it out over the gravel and it ended up mostly covering the biggest most dangerous roots . Now I feel spoiled ... no more cuts on the bottom off my feet and falling on my ass .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/18/2006 5:13pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the BOB dummys. Not as versatile or fun as a hanging bag but sufficient and not without advantages, paticularly if one likes to work clinch knees and the like, I hate doing knees on round bags
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234