Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2006 8:06pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you whiteshark. Nice job getting info.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 3:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly didn't know which way I threw a lead hook... so I threw a few, and apparently, I throw palm down to the head, and thumb up to the body.

My background is very traditional Shotokan... so we didn't throw hooks... we threw this hybrid punch/gay wave thing kage-zuki(?). I only learned to throw a hook when we took part in a freestyle tourney, and we all got battered by Lau Gar guys who could throw hooks AND sidestep!

Because gloves were alien, I think my palm down hook is to protect my thumb (couldn't fold it in far enough because of the stooopid mitts they made me wear), and also 'cos I tend to throw the hook sliding in behind a jab, only half retracting the arm.
    And the thumb up to the body because I only ever throw these in very close quarters and it seems to be better for short distance.

Thanks for this thread. It made me acquaint myself with the mechanics of my jab, and reminded me of a time when fighting consisted of standing in front of another guy and taking it in turns to hit eachother.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 11:18pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop posting meaningless pictures in my archived threads.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 5:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GnP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    did a search for boxers frature and this post came up so i hope its relevent. I didnt have time to read through the whole post though. whoever has fractured their hand for whatever reason what did you do to get back to training as quick as possible? because wraps and gloves aint enough to help me. 5th meta is swollen for a while already and the 4th is gone completely. dissapeared inside my hand. wish i had a camera for all you to have a good laugh.

it might be the trapezium under the knuckle but im no doc.
    Last edited by jew; 1/02/2007 5:56pm at .

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 8:31pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jew
    did a search for boxers frature and this post came up so i hope its relevent. I didnt have time to read through the whole post though. whoever has fractured their hand for whatever reason what did you do to get back to training as quick as possible? because wraps and gloves aint enough to help me. 5th meta is swollen for a while already and the 4th is gone completely. dissapeared inside my hand. wish i had a camera for all you to have a good laugh.

it might be the trapezium under the knuckle but im no doc.
    I could offer a number of days based on limited experience, but that would be worthless and information that would be potentially dangerous to follow.

I advise you to look up a local sports doctor and consult him immediately. Unfortunately I've only permanently scarred my hand with cuts, never fractured it.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617