Sponsored Links Spacer Image

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 9:19am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please explain how what he said was racist. I've seen a lot of "WP is racist!" without anyone really explaining why anything he said was racist.

Vae Victus

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 10:13am

Style: Hapmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    Please explain how what he said was racist. I've seen a lot of "WP is racist!" without anyone really explaining why anything he said was racist.
    says the man with a hard on for hitler...

I will take the easiest part:

Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Please, just stick to ramming planes into buildings.
    The racist (and false) line of thought is:

Turbans = Arab = Terrorist bent on mass murder

It's the equivalent of saying that all Mexicans are lazy, or that all black people are criminals. Actually it is the equivalent of seeing someone who looks vaguely Mexican, assuming they are in fact Mexican, and then assuming they are lazy based on the initial assumption of race.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 10:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are the people who get offended by The Simpsons and write nasty letters to Matt Groening, whether you realize it or not.

When I say, "please show me where WP made a racist comment", I expect something like, "The Arabs are inherently inferior to our superior White Race" or "Gatka sucks because it's Indian", not this stupid **** you're all upset about.

Sexe dans la derrière!

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai Khmer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop feeding the troll. You're making him fat and lazy. Not unlike Samoan people. Damn Samoans...
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H.L. Mencken

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 11:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no need to reply if you're just going to ***** out.

Vae Victus

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 11:24am

Style: Hapmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfujew
    Stop feeding the troll. You're making him fat and lazy. Not unlike Samoan people. Damn Samoans...
    sorry. it's like a scab I can't help but pick. or like an ann coulter article i can't not read.

Sexe dans la derrière!

Posted On:
    7/13/2006 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai Khmer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frumpleswift
    sorry. it's like a scab I can't help but pick. or like an ann coulter article i can't not read.
    You're a stronger man than I, being able to read Ann Coulter articles without
    a. Putting a power drill to your temple, or
    b. Wanting to do this to Ann Coulter: :new_micro
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H.L. Mencken

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 5:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gatka

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi,
    This is Dal from England,relly enjoyed watching the video. you know you said that you had more gatka videos,could you please send some more to me. Thanks

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 10:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo/jujutsu, kalari

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    khalsa didnt really come back to defend him self or may not have known exactly what to say. so im bumping this. i am not sikh, but am indian and will explain a few things.

the garments they were hold religious significance, they cover their hair which has never been cut under a turban, im sure many of you have seen these guys in the street.

sikhs are from the indian state of punjab, and because of their precarious locations have essentially been in a perpetual state of warfare. if its not the mongols, ite the persians, or the mugals, or the pasthuns, or the chinese, or the pakistanis insurgency in kashmir or the british.

in any region where there is a constant state of warfare that is not dominated by ranged weapons, and balistics you will see the emergance of some type of effective martial arts (effective with relanvance to their time period and the weapons they had at their disposal)
    example: japan was in a state of warfare between lords for about 500 years where the emergence of the samurai class allowed for the development of budo.

now as far as gatka demonstrations, yes what you see is watered down, probably sloppy, and in all reality highly inefective in a modern day setting. but in the days of invading armys with swords and arrows, this martial art was pacticed in a brutal manner just as any other is. the reason why it just looks like a dance of sorts now is because there is no need to practice as if you are going to war in a few weeks to defned your family, and your land. it is practiced to preserve religious and culutral identity.

the wheeled net spun above the head was used to deflect arrows when the persians would seige with arrows. a single person would stand in the middle and spin this wheel over the heads of 5-10 men at a time either infront of him or above him to slow down and deflect arrows, many of them would be used to sheild an army, once in close quarters combat the net was discarded and the saber would be drawn.

while people say that this martial art is ineffective, i will argue that it is as effective as any unarmed or armed martial art when confronted with a man with a loaded desert eagle .50 caliber pointed at their head. (your dead, i dont care what you learned, unless it involves dodging bullets ur dead)

the british employed sikhs under the british empire, they were fighting in china, africa, italy, germany, you name it the sardars saw it. i dont recall the british empire demanding chinese any other battalions from any other countries other than india. (to this day they still come to nepal and recruit gurkha soldiers as they are considered one of the finest martial races in the world)

i studied kodokan judo under a kodokan instructor 5th degree (possibly 6th as i havnt seen him in some time) in brooklyn, new york (sensei kiyoshi shinna) and i feel as if i can grapple enough to save my life if i had to, but u know what, id probably grab something to swing with if i had to fight some sikh, because they are religiously obligated to carry a dagger on their person at all times everywhere (schools, and government buildings are forced to allow this because it is a religious symbol, and is to be treated as such untill the kirpan is drawn from its sheath) they always have it, i dont know anyone else who ALWAYS has a knife.

so go ahead grab his shirt like you would grab a gi, that turban head will stab you so fast that you wont know your disembowled untill u see it.

MAN THAT WAS A MOUTH FULL hope this helps

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 4:40pm

Style: Tai Chi,BJJ,knife-dueling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This belongs in "bullshido sucks month"

Quote Originally Posted by dem0nfox

now as far as gatka demonstrations, yes what you see is watered down, probably sloppy, and in all reality highly inefective in a modern day setting. but in the days of invading armys with swords and arrows, this martial art was pacticed in a brutal manner just as any other is. the reason why it just looks like a dance of sorts now is because there is no need to practice as if you are going to war in a few weeks to defned your family, and your land. it is practiced to preserve religious and culutral identity.

Two points here:

A) This thread still haunts me to this day, and is the worst thing I've ever seen take place on Bullshido. Basically someone from another culture with a fascinating martial art that included some contact sparring showed up and tried to show and tell, only to be totally shot down by some jackass with racist remarks.

B) His videos he posted, the "gatka demonstrations" DID in fact have a lot of interesting stuff to consider, again, including some contact weapons sparring that may have involved more than two people. We should not devalue the learning opportunity that was lost from the horrible behavior on this thread.
    :eusa_wall