Page 4 of 44 First 1234567814 ... Last
  1. #31
    <plasma>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,576
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    it's an okay dancing video i guess. nothing too spectacular.

    You took my fucking comment you slut.

  2. #32
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Bro, I can't believe you went there. You a college student, bro, on your way to a grad degree!!! You should already know that those dresses you poke fun at have a deep religious and cultural meaning, and that Sikh =/= Arab (and even if they were, that plane ramming jive was too low-class to be called a joke.)
    Let me clear this up a bit.

    It wasn't meant to be a joke. When I read "martial art" and then heard "martial art" and then watched the rest of the video, I was filled with pure hatred.

    That was worse than XMA. It had hip hop music added to it AFTERWARDS and it still looked like they were dancing to it.

    I don't know what country he's from or culture, I don't care, I just feel sorry for him.

    I just felt like that guy on that cooking show who yells at everybody. They took the love of my life and raped it. How am I not supposed to feel angry?

    I mean, Capoeira is a martial art "disguised" as a dance.

    XMA is trying to keep it's martial arts "roots", but failing.

    This is like XMA with dance moves. It's like they're saying "I'm powering up for my super kick! Which I won't do, I'll just keep dancing some more."

    And for the record, I do acknowledge that what I said was very stupid, and do regret saying it. Being angry is not an excuse. I should have said something more along the lines of "God damn! I could kick the ass of every one of those motherfuckers simply by turning off the music. They'd get fucking confused and just fall over."
    Last edited by Poop Loops; 6/22/2006 9:57pm at .

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Let me clear this up a bit.

    It wasn't meant to be a joke. When I read "martial art" and then heard "martial art" and then watched the rest of the video, I was filled with pure hatred.

    That was worse than XMA. It had hip hop music added to it AFTERWARDS and it still looked like they were dancing to it.

    I don't know what country he's from or culture, I don't care, I just feel sorry for him.

    I just felt like that guy on that cooking show who yells at everybody. They took the love of my life and raped it. How am I not supposed to feel angry?
    Your impulse control needs a bit of work, doesn't it?

  4. #34
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, a bit.

    I heard that dancing around with a ring of iron balls circling around you helps with that. And teaches you to fight!

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Yeah, a bit.

    I heard that dancing around with a ring of iron balls circling around you helps with that. And teaches you to fight!
    Just watched one vid, didn't you?

  6. #36
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    Just watched one vid, didn't you?
    He only posted one video, didn't he?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,437
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    He only posted one video, didn't he?
    The dancing and drilling aren't the whole thing. I posted links to casual and tournament sparring, including a friendly cross-style match against a WMA guy. Really, FMA would look just as silly if it was nothing but hubud and sinawali. And some are only that. But like gatka, it doesn't mean that FMA doesn't have another dimension.

  8. #38
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After Khalsa linked to the choreographed demo., Eyebeams posted linking to a number of videos of Gatka sparring - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...2&postcount=12

    In the face of the ignorant bigotry he received in response to his post, it's quite likely that Khalsa won't bother returning to Bullshido to answer any more questions. That's a shame; he might well have been able to offer some insight into Gatka sparring, etc. as well, if he'd been treated with common courtesy.

    Our loss ...

  9. #39
    Teh El Macho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,746
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, one. And to be fair, that clip was craptacularly crappy. Having said that, you have to consider some societies have deeply ritualized practices, which may or may not be indicators of how effective their martial arts can be. Sikh had a long martial tradition. Up until very recently, they along with Rajput, were the major ass kickers in the Indian subcontinent - they did **** that worked.

    I just wish these dudes dump this fascination with hip hop cuz man, sometimes they make these craptacular clips that can make a Klingon cry.

    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    The dancing and drilling aren't the whole thing. I posted links to casual and tournament sparring, including a friendly cross-style match against a WMA guy. Really, FMA would look just as silly if it was nothing but hubud and sinawali. And some are only that. But like gatka, it doesn't mean that FMA doesn't have another dimension.
    Exactly!!!!!
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/23/2006 12:18am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

  10. #40
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sparring looks fun.

    Eyebeams posted quite a while after I did.

    You can take my racist comments apart all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that what the OP posted was crap and would have gotten ridiculed no matter who posted it.

    Other people criticized it, too, by the way. You can totally ignore my post and still have people saying "this is crap".

Page 4 of 44 First 1234567814 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO