Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 6:11pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not bad. Not awesome but definitely not bad at all. It seemed like if someone punched their punchs got through about 80% of the time. I'd probably work on covering up (I know its not MT but I can't help it)

Oh just one one moer thing... some of you need to keep your motherfucking hands up... That no head shot sparring is giving you bad habits.
    I agree with this 100% even if its point sparring atleast keep your hands at shoulder level, if not head level, the whole time. However, as was said before awesome job actually sparring and filming it. Even better, you posted it ;)
    Last edited by Shaolinz; 6/21/2006 6:13pm at .

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 9:03pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Odacon,

Props for putting a video up. Your more man then most on bullshido.

1. I've sparred under those rules before, minus the knees to the body. That idea of kneeing people just rocks. How do you escape the mashed ribs? It's obvious you have the real iron shirt.

2. Not punching people in the face might let a bad habit creep in. Some of the time it looked like you were coming at the guy with your arms low and flailing. (I expect you were red eyed, and drooling. Ready for blood. Which is awesome in itself). The answer to such is a stiff jab or hook. Which is not an issue its not allowed. So I guess its a moot point.

3. I liked the level of contact.

In closing. Mad props. I'll have your babies!!!!:blob9:

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 6:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    1. I've sparred under those rules before, minus the knees to the body. That idea of kneeing people just rocks. How do you escape the mashed ribs? It's obvious you have the real iron shirt.
    Knees are a recent addition to our sparring and so far there's been zero injuries *touches wood*, in one of the rounds not taped myself and Frankie exchanged a good few knees and knocked the wind out of each other, but nothing else. If anything, it at least shows you can spar with some degree of contact and not have to call a fleet of ambulances which is the mantra of the point sparrer. Also I thought I did a fair job of keeping my hands at shoulder level, my brother was just messing around grabbing our legs and such and I know it wouldn't hurt Frankie to keep his hands up a little higher but he's a good scapper and works hard to improve. The other two guys, Ciaran and Joe weren't taped but they keep their hands up when their sparring. I'll try and get another few videos the next time we spar but thanks for the replies and advice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 10:43am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing I dont like is that in the second movie, one guy keeps one hand up and the other hand chambered. Although if you really hate your face then I say keep your hands that way...

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/23/2006 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys try to block kicks with your hands. This is gonna be a bad habit because
    1: When you start using more contact, you can serious screw up your hands/arms
    2: It sets you up for headshots.

Respectable level of contact, good movement. Keep it up. Headshots in the future.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

('._.)

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 11:42am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    To be a douchbage.... If it stops, technically it's not continuous. If I am kickboxing and take someone down or knock them down I at least establish a dominant position before stopping. Smell blood the fights not over until you've gone in for the kill. But then again I'm coming from a MMA mindset. I think kickboxing rules with the exception of san shou are silly.
    Does that also mean BJJ is silly because you are not allowed to punch the other guy in the face while rolling? One might also make an arguement that MMA isnīt complete because you are not allowed to bite, use groin strikes etc. in it. These are all sports, and they have rules, and are good in their own way.

Oh, and Odacon, tell your brother to stop blocking leg kicks with his hands. That **** will get him KOd in a real fight.
    Last edited by Draven; 7/06/2006 11:50am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 12:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    Oh, and Odacon, tell your brother to stop blocking leg kicks with his hands. That **** will get him KOd in a real fight.
    Broken, jammed, or sprained fingers. I've even seen a couple of wrists broken.

Rogue you had a decent point until the groin and biting stuff. BSD is isn't thinking what he said all the way through.

('._.)

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 1:32pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point I was trying to make with that is that these are all sports and they all have rules. None of them are exactly like real fights. People think MMA is the beginning and end of all combat but on the street if a guy was going to choke me out with a RNC I would bite his arm to get out of it. No sport is "complete" fighting, thats why they are called combat sports...not street fights.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this thread really deserve to be the sole sticky of strikeistan?

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    Does this thread really deserve to be the sole sticky of strikeistan?
    cough!Cough!
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 7/06/2006 2:33pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast