Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:40pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0a5t3r
    Blah blah blah blah, I'm sixteen and I haven't read Bullshido for the required five minutes to see which arts are usually the most applicable, blah blah blah, another repetitive thread, blah blah blah, instead of just checking out the schools in person I'm going to ask a thousand different people who have never even trained in these schools what they think and not even tell them the name of the training facilities, blah blah blah, I don't know the difference between a style and how a specific martial arts gym trains, blah blah blah, shoot me.
    Fixed it for you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, like you should talk.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33720

Hmmm...............so a couple of months later you are correcting someone on starting a redundant thread?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/20/2006 2:53pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:12pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wow, I thought you meant you were going to start a new martial art. Like be the founder!

MT FTW

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:29pm

Style: Tai Chi, Jujitsu, knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with all of the statements here so far.

My 2 cents is that since you have a black belt in a striking system, you had better go do Muay Thai to make sure your striking is up to par with common atheletic standards. I've manhandled my fair share of "black belts" in my day, much more of them needed to get some kickboxing experience before they let anyone know they had ever done karate.

The ONLY exception to this were Karate systems that were offshoots of Kyokushinkai that ALSO participated in "Knock Down Karate" tournaments like the Sabaki Challenge. If that's the kind of karate you were doing, then maybe you should do BJJ or Judo to round out your abilties, but chances are you may need to finish learning what you think you already know. (Probably better than Muay Thai would be actual Knock-Down karate since it would be a little more similar to what you already know.)

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wado-Ryu-Karate-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    Fixed it for you.
    Lol. And i bet you think thats clever and full of whit. How long did it take you until you were satisfied with what was probably the highlight of your day?

Go grow some balls, and a sense of humour whilst your at it, noob.

OMFGYOURANIDIOT!1
    Last edited by T0a5t3r; 6/20/2006 4:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Yeah, like you should talk.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33720

Hmmm...............so a couple of months later you are correcting someone on starting a redundant thread?
    Yeah, that's different. I was looking for schools in the area where I'm moving this September, specific information and not asking which MA should I take which is by itself a flawed question.

And that's besides the point that there have been several people since then who have found that thread and benefited from it. I admit I've posted some real crap, but usually despite me being a relative newb I have a pretty good signal to noise ratio if I do say so myself. The exception would be the "General BS" section which is just that, "General BS."
    Last edited by HearWa; 6/20/2006 4:25pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0a5t3r
    Lol. And i bet you think thats clever and full of whit. How long did it take you until you were satisfied with what was probably the highlight of your day?
    Nah, the highlight of my day was a trip to McDonald's. And meh, if you want to make fun of me do so in this thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35666

Go grow some balls, and a sense of humour whilst your at it, noob.

OMFGYOURANIDIOT!1
    Only if you say please.

kthxbye
    Last edited by HearWa; 6/20/2006 4:30pm at .

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    muay thai and boxing will almost certainly be good.

your assignment is to find out more about the jj and vale tudo schools. i'm finding myself having difficulty with the idea of sending a 16 year old to get involved with actual vale tudo, but i'm going to assume they aren't holding honest to god vale tudo fights, anyway.
    16 isnt too young to do vale tudo, for a start you won't be sparring until you're ready , and you'd probably get hit less than in muay thai sparring, or indeed boxing - i'm sure everyone knows a few people who've been doing boxing since they were 12. I've been doing wing tzun (the kind with full contact sparring) since I was 14, never did me any harm. Most people are fully grown or nearly there at 16 anyway.

Excuse the rant, it's just i'm only a few months after my 18th birthday myself and I've had more than enough of people assuming I couldn't handle things because of my age. Most memorable was the time my overprotective mother happily paid for the WT lesson in which i got repeatedly punched in the face, yet wouldn't let me do freestyle wrestling "because it's too violent" - didnt have a problem with Judo either. However wouldn't let me do boxing.

That sort of thing has held my training back at least 2 years.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 5:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you considered Aikido?

Flees flying bricks. . . .

--J.D.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12