Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 5:55pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    The speed and intensity of the technquies is a notch above most of the bujinkan vids but the uke is still compliant, and still leaves his arm out after he punches. I know that "it's a demo" but we have seen 1000 bujinkan "demos" that all sucked and I wanted to see some t3h r34l ninjitsu.
    Well the teh r34l Ninjutsu would involve figuring out where you live and killing you in your sleep. Sorry.

The Real Ninpo Taijutsu on the other hand. That was a Goshinjutsu (Self defense) display. The Uke was complient in the fact that he not sparring, throwing jabs. However, he wasn't throwing himself, and he was getting hit and locked.

IMO the only better display would be a full sparring match. Which the Ko Ryu Ninjutsu (Gyokko Ryu/ Koto Ryu) would just look like Jujutsu with more strikes. Togakure Ryu would involve running away (no fighting). Honestly, a NinpoTaijutsu match would be pretty hard to tell apart from any other Jujutsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 6:04pm

Style: Buj. budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just would love to see someone entering the discussion who trains both MMA/BJJ and a form of taijutsu/ninjutsu.

It should get the thread at least a bit more interesting ;)

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 6:12pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sci-mdk
    I just would love to see someone entering the discussion who trains both MMA/BJJ and a form of taijutsu/ninjutsu.

It should get the thread at least a bit more interesting ;)
    I have 3 years of BJJ training. 2 year of Japanese Jujutsu . 5 years of NinpoTaijutsu. I also do Full Contact MMA sparing at the dojo and done MMA sparing at 4 Maryland Throwdowns.

Does that count?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:44pm

Style: Beating Children

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blah, blah, blah. Good vid pl4zM4. It's still just a freaking demo for instruction not a video of actually sparring to all you igits. That's why I hear a voice over saying something about police shiznit. Say whatever you want about Tanemura, he would make you eat your broken fingers if you fought him MMA/NHB rules. Tanemura broke from the Bujinkan cause it sucks mangina. I sure wish someone could get clips of actually full speed Genbukan sparring, cause I hear they do that, man that would be sweet. Nipple twist, Kiai! Wanna see if Genbukan works go fight some, maybe it does? Maybe not?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 6:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of what Tanemura does, much like the Hatsumi, is NOT Ninjutsu. No suprise there. However Tanemura does actually go into teache ninjutsu to his higher level students. Ofcourse the majority of it is outdated but he tends to do it more than the Buj.

In the Genbukan the drills are done with more resistance than I've seen in the Buj but sometimes if very "robotic" which is often seen in Koryu art practices.

Oh as fart as videos, well Tanemura is kinda pickly on what he wants recorded and shown. Kihon is fine but there are times during Taikais where he will ask for the cameras to be turned off for some sequences. IMNHO some of the stuff really isn't really that advanced or not seen elswhere but its his show so pple turn off the cams.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 8:52am

Style: taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awwww plasma, you're so cute when you're mean.

I'll keep working on things, in hopes that I will someday be as badass as you.

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 8:59am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with the Genbukan for six months or so before relocation made the drive too difficult. I've never trained in the Bujinkan, so I have no basis of comparison, but I'll try to outline some basic ideas that I got from there.

1. LOTS of etiquette. You bow before you enter, you bow when you enter, you bow before you talk, you bow after you talk...you bow while talking. The same etiquette is done every class and usually takes at least a few minutes.

2. VERY strict. You don't turn your back to the instructor, you don't bend over in front of the instructor (wow...that sounds inappropriate), you don't speak during class, and you don't disrupt the way the class runs.

3. Very basic. You work the same kihon every class, which usually consists of all rolls/breakfalls and 13 or so block/strike combos.

4. Very structured. After warm-ups you are partnered to work on your curriculum. This is what you do. No entertaining exercises. No dynamic defense drills. You pop open your book, work on memorizing the required techniques, and ask questions if you're lost.

5. No sparring. We didn't, and the instructor explained a few times when I asked.

6. Limited randori. We did some "Technique Rolling" where your partner would be trying their hardest to apply something and you'd do your best to defend it. Not exactly "Slap hands then submit your partner" type stuff I do in BJJ, but it was better than nothing.

7. Difficult testing. Most tests I've taken in martial arts involved a handful of students getting told to demonstrate certain techniques...then being graded on proficiency. Not there. For your tests, after you bow in the instructor says, "Begin". You then have to go through the entire syllabus in english and japanese, demonstrate all the henka, announce the techniques properly, then perform them on both sides with a resisting partner. The instructor said nothing during the whole time, and at the end made corrections and told you if you passed or not. The hardest part for me was the damn announcements.

8. Weapons. Lots of weapons work. While only a few weapons were taught, you typically did each cut at least 100 times or so, often against someone defending fullpower. The first month my hands were covered in blisters.

--Overall I enjoyed my training there, though I missed sparring and rolling. The style felt like very hard, traditional japanese jujutsu...no fancy ninja crap. I'm not sure if I'd go there again...but I have nothing bad to say about it.

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 4:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is Genbukan the real Bujinkan?

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 5:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--