I didn't know ninjas wore magic pants.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, link no workie for me. I tried to cut and paste the link from the html source with no avail. Pl4z, is this vidclip available somewhere else. I seem to have a problem watching clips hosted in the bs site. (???)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:45pm

Style: taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Honestly, I don't care who agreeds with me. I want to know why I should take take you seriously. Having a bullshidoka agreeding with hurts my side.

Yes, I am a real asshole. I do Martial Arts to learn to hurt people, and I'm violent.

You have 2 years of training..... what Ryu?

****, I don't know. My teachers teacher trained with both Hayes and Bussey in the 80's. We don't get real into the Japanese names for stuff, and I dont know exactly which ryu which stuff is from. There is other stuff thrown into the system as well, deffinately not what you would call traditional taijutsu, but closer to taijutsu than anything else. Taijutsu based I suppose. So take it for what its worth, maybe you shouldn't take me seriously. I am sure most X-kan people wouldn't.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    BTW, link no workie for me. I tried to cut and paste the link from the html source with no avail. Pl4z, is this vidclip available somewhere else. I seem to have a problem watching clips hosted in the bs site. (???)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D8pefwgR3...oto%20Tanemura

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiBoxerShorts
    I didn't know ninjas wore magic pants.

Ummm how else can we fly? duh.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginshun
    ****, I don't know. My teachers teacher trained with both Hayes and Bussey in the 80's. We don't get real into the Japanese names for stuff, and I dont know exactly which ryu which stuff is from. There is other stuff thrown into the system as well, deffinately not what you would call traditional taijutsu, but closer to taijutsu than anything else. Taijutsu based I suppose. So take it for what its worth, maybe you shouldn't take me seriously. I am sure most X-kan people wouldn't.

Ok I won't. Are your teacher licensed in the Ryu-ha? Did they get permission from their instructor to go off an teach what they were taught.?

Sounds like more Gaijin thinking they "know enough" and creating their own style.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same ****, different uniform.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Same ****, different uniform.

The uniform is different?

PS. I hope its not the same ****, he was the Tokyo Police department head instructor for many years.

Edit: maybe you should teach those silly Japanese, BJJ.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Wrong. You can't do randori without rehearsing all the nitty gritty details. I mean, you could, but it would be a useless clusterfuck. That's what uchikomi is for, and if we really look at it, it's just a set of choreographed movements where (depending on what you are training for) sometimes the uke resists you or not. Choreographed movements are a tool. The problem is when morons think it's the end product of their training.

He wasn't making any reference about kata. Judoka learn and practice via uchikomi and then randori. It can be said that uchikomi is a form of kata, but then Judo kata =/= uchikomi, and judo kata =/= krotty kata.

Anyways, judoka learn by doing choreographed movement ad nauseum and then randori. A typical class would be 25% warmup, 50% uchikomi (or choreographed movements for newaza), and 25% actual randori. The effectiveness of judo training should be seing as an indication that choreographed movements have their place.

****, take boxing. Boxing drills on focus mits, that should qualify as choreographed movements, a sort of kata if you will. Choreographed exercises are not wrong by themselves. It's what people do with them (and to them) that are either good or shitty.

Big difference. What Kano said has relevance now as it did back then. That has nothing to do with soke asslicking. I smell arrogance.

See, you said that judoka may benefit more by doing randori rather than choreographed movements. A judoka dissagreed with you, and you go all balls out that you don't give a **** this and that and to top it off asked him what original ideas he had developed (which has nothing to do with the line of argument so far.) In other words, ad hominem.

That's nice, except I already conceded the point. I chose not to argue with a Judoka about Judo. But I do have a problem when somebody can't make an argument without backing it up with evidence of how so and so said it's right, so it must be. And I don't care if it's Kano, Hatsumi, the Gracies, or anybody else.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    The uniform is different?
    I counted the hakama.

PS. I hope its not the same ****, he was the Tokyo Police department head instructor for many years.
    Emin Boztepe has done seminars for police. What's your point?

Edit: maybe you should teach those silly Japanese, BJJ.
    I'll answer this when you rewrite it into a real sentence.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast