Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 1:41pm

Style: taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Who do you train with? How long? Why should I take your opinion seriously?

PS. My post about the Tanemura/Hatsumi split was correct.
    So tanemura and Hatsumi split becuase Tanemura was mad that Hatsumi was training incompetant foreigners (Steve Hayes)? I guess I never heard that before, Where exactly did you get that info?

And I have only been training for a couple years, and am not part of the Bujinkan or the X-kan's, so maybe you shouldn't take my opinion seriosly, I could honestly care less.

I am jsut trying to get a feel for what this sight is about. Apperently its where you come to talk **** and be an asshole. Thats cool, I am good at both.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=ginshun]

And I have only been training for a couple years, and am not part of the Bujinkan or the X-kan's, so maybe you shouldn't take my opinion seriosly, I could honestly care less.

I don't care whether you're a part of the Booj or not. I don't take your opinions seriously because you have sucky opinions.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:23pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginshun
    I don't think that anything you just said except the cousin part was right, but whatever.

no ****, you going to answer my question or not?
    To listen to half the guys on this sight, you'd think that all they do is watch fights and fight videos and then try the stuff in full speed sparing. Thats just dumb

I am jsut trying to get a feel for what this sight is about. Apperently its where you come to talk **** and be an asshole. Thats cool, I am good at both.
    Yes, we are the assholes.

Well, 2 years with no research qualifies your opinion how?

Nice vid Plasma.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus **** you guys are pushy. What did I even give an opinion on? That I think you should practice moves at slow and moderate speeds before going full contact with them?

If you think that opinion is wrong then you have got fucking a screw loose.

Exactly what did I say that you guys don't agree with?

and Plama, why exactly are you giving be ****? I fucking agreed with you!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, we are pushy.
    Yes, we are assholes.

Funny thing is, you are new correcting people that have a large amount of knowledge on Taijitsu, BJK, and supposed Ninjitsu.

Instead of just saying he where did you hear that you immedeately say someone is wrong. Then, when you find out you may be wrong, you call everyone assholes and **** talkers.

Gee, I don't know why you are getting a reaming.:brushteet

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Yes, we are pushy.
    Yes, we are assholes.

Funny thing is, you are new correcting people that have a large amount of knowledge on Taijitsu, BJK, and supposed Ninjitsu.
    The only thing I corrected anybody on was konosan, who claimed that Tenamura split with the Bujinkan because Hatsumi agreed to teach taijutsu to incompetent foreigners. I don't think that is the case, and actually I don't think anybody aside from Tenemura and Hatsumi know exactly why they split. If anybody here has actual information to the contrary, please enlighten me.

Everybody else I essensially agreed with, again, if you feel differently, please point out where I corrected anyone on taijutsu, BJK, ot ninjutsu.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:06pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So tanemura and Hatsumi split becuase Tanemura was mad that Hatsumi was training incompetant foreigners (Steve Hayes)? I guess I never heard that before, Where exactly did you get that info?

Not incompetent foreigners as much as just it becoming an incompetent organization. Remember Tanemura was Hayes teacher at the beginning not Hatsumi. Tanemura taught most of the Gaijin. Therefore, it wasn't the Gaijin that was the issue, it was the inflated ranks and bullshit Hastumi started doing.

If you do Taijutsu outside the x-kan. What Ryu of Taijutsu are you training in?

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:10pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

and Plama, why exactly are you giving be ****? I fucking agreed with you!
    Honestly, I don't care who agreeds with me. I want to know why I should take take you seriously. Having a bullshidoka agreeding with hurts my side.

Quote Originally Posted by From my sig
    Most people can't earn my respect. Deal with my hate or kill yourself :seppuku:
    Yes, I am a real asshole. I do Martial Arts to learn to hurt people, and I'm violent.

You have 2 years of training..... what Ryu?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:19pm

Style: Buj. budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    And Wheres the JInekan clips?
    x2

( cloning some jinenkan stuff onto dvd from vhs as i post... )

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    A judo player doesn't get any benefit by spending time learning choreographed movements for demonstration purposes. He could be doing something more productive (like randori) instead.
    Wrong. You can't do randori without rehearsing all the nitty gritty details. I mean, you could, but it would be a useless clusterfuck. That's what uchikomi is for, and if we really look at it, it's just a set of choreographed movements where (depending on what you are training for) sometimes the uke resists you or not. Choreographed movements are a tool. The problem is when morons think it's the end product of their training.

You know, I won't argue with you about this. You're a Judoka. I'm not. If you say you get something out of kata, I'm not going to sit here and say you don't.
    He wasn't making any reference about kata. Judoka learn and practice via uchikomi and then randori. It can be said that uchikomi is a form of kata, but then Judo kata =/= uchikomi, and judo kata =/= krotty kata.

Anyways, judoka learn by doing choreographed movement ad nauseum and then randori. A typical class would be 25% warmup, 50% uchikomi (or choreographed movements for newaza), and 25% actual randori. The effectiveness of judo training should be seing as an indication that choreographed movements have their place.

****, take boxing. Boxing drills on focus mits, that should qualify as choreographed movements, a sort of kata if you will. Choreographed exercises are not wrong by themselves. It's what people do with them (and to them) that are either good or shitty.

But please, don't talk to me about what the founder of the art thought. I don't give a **** about what Kano thought. That's just like all the ninjers with their "Soke says this, Soke says that" bullshit.
    Big difference. What Kano said has relevance now as it did back then. That has nothing to do with soke asslicking. I smell arrogance.

I'm really more interested in original ideas that you have developed from your own experience.
    See, you said that judoka may benefit more by doing randori rather than choreographed movements. A judoka dissagreed with you, and you go all balls out that you don't give a **** this and that and to top it off asked him what original ideas he had developed (which has nothing to do with the line of argument so far.) In other words, ad hominem.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast