Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:30am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by konosan
    I think Tanemura is Hatsumi's cousin, but he left the Bujinkan when Steven Hayes came into the picture. I think that Tanemura probly frigured what was going to happen by allowing incompitent (spelling) outsiders to train with them.

Tanemura seems much better then all the bujinkan idiots put together.

Second Cousin. Actually Tanemura was Stephen Hayes teacher at first. He left a few years later because he was dishearted with Hatsumi and the Bujinkan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:32am

Style: taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Tanemura is Hatsumi's cousin, but he left the Bujinkan when Steven Hayes came into the picture. I think that Tanemura probly frigured what was going to happen by allowing incompitent (spelling) outsiders to train with them.

Tanemura seems much better then all the bujinkan idiots put together.
    I don't think that anything you just said except the cousin part was right, but whatever.
    Last edited by ginshun; 6/20/2006 10:45am at .

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    compliant drill leads to resistant drill leads to sparring.

i'd rather like to watch some of those techniques in a resistant drill video. should be amusing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:44am

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    A judo player doesn't get any benefit by spending time learning choreographed movements for demonstration purposes. He could be doing something more productive (like randori) instead. .
    A common, and usually incorrect, sentiment.

There is a whole lot a Judoka can learn from taking the time to intentionally learn the waza "by the book" with a tremendous amount of payoff when it comes time for them to engage in Randori in Shiai.

The founder of the art thought there was a lot of benefit in such training. So have nearly all of the senior ranked practitioners since the arts founding. I'm willing to take their suggestion to heart and see where it gets me rather then disregarding it because "kata iz teh 5uX0r." I'm just old fashioned that way.

As far as the clip, it's nice to see someone applying Ninpo Taijutsu at roughly speed rather then the slow motion marshmallow hell that are most videos on the art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:52am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginshun
    I don't think that anything you just said except the cousin part was right, but whatever.

sorry, i'm not a ninja wannabe like yourself. :ninjadanc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am new, so maybe I don't understand. devil, how exactly do you train? Your teacher shows you something and then you guys just go and try it at full speed? That would seem to be what you are saying.

I don't know, but that just sounds stupid, and like a good way to get hurt.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't see it. And Wheres the JInekan clips?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry, i'm not a ninja wannabe like yourself. :ninjadanc
    whatever.

Is it so much to ask that people know a little bit about what they are talking about before they post it on a public board? Apperently.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 11:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    A common, and usually incorrect, sentiment.

There is a whole lot a Judoka can learn from taking the time to intentionally learn the waza "by the book" with a tremendous amount of payoff when it comes time for them to engage in Randori in Shiai.

The founder of the art thought there was a lot of benefit in such training. So have nearly all of the senior ranked practitioners since the arts founding. I'm willing to take their suggestion to heart and see where it gets me rather then disregarding it because "kata iz teh 5uX0r." I'm just old fashioned that way.

As far as the clip, it's nice to see someone applying Ninpo Taijutsu at roughly speed rather then the slow motion marshmallow hell that are most videos on the art.

You know, I won't argue with you about this. You're a Judoka. I'm not. If you say you get something out of kata, I'm not going to sit here and say you don't.

But please, don't talk to me about what the founder of the art thought. I don't give a **** about what Kano thought. That's just like all the ninjers with their "Soke says this, Soke says that" bullshit. I'm really more interested in original ideas that you have developed from your own experience.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 11:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginshun
    I am new, so maybe I don't understand. devil, how exactly do you train? Your teacher shows you something and then you guys just go and try it at full speed? That would seem to be what you are saying.

I don't know, but that just sounds stupid, and like a good way to get hurt.

Yes, you're new.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast