Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:06am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ninpo Taijutsu Not from a Lunge Punch

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pefwgR3PM[/media]

Its Shoto Tamemura head of the Genbukan rather then Hatsumi. Its not sparring, it more self defense kata. However, it worth a post after the Dale, Lunch Punch Thread.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, ninjas just got video in their favor. I write this in my own blood. :emo:

+1

The ass grab and nipple pinch was a nice touch at the end.
    Last edited by mrblackmagic; 6/20/2006 8:14am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say this is better than training with lunge punches, but only slightly. It's missing the lunge punches, but it's still got all the other ninjer favorites. My second pet peeve after lunge punching is when uke "dies" after his first attack. Of course, ninjers aren't the only people guilty of this type of thing. It's pretty much standard in many traditional martial arts.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    I'd say this is better than training with lunge punches, but only slightly. It's missing the lunge punches, but it's still got all the other ninjer favorites. My second pet peeve after lunge punching is when uke "dies" after his first attack. Of course, ninjers aren't the only people guilty of this type of thing. It's pretty much standard in many traditional martial arts.

The same thing happen in BJJ/Judo when learning technique or demonstration. This is demostration. Otherwise it be sparring.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    The same thing happen in BJJ/Judo when learning technique or demonstration. This is demostration. Otherwise it be sparring.
    Yeah, I'm not arguing that point. It's just that I don't care too much for demonstrations like that. What they're doing is a little more for show than what you would typically be doing when learning new technique.

I've seen some really good judo guys doing similar demonstrations to impress spectators. It's good to attract new students. I guess I just feel like it cheapens all the hard work they put into actually learning to fight when they turn it into something so stagnant for the sake of an audience.

I look at it from a student's standpoint. A judo player doesn't get any benefit by spending time learning choreographed movements for demonstration purposes. He could be doing something more productive (like randori) instead. I think the students end up doing the dog and pony show and the instructor is the only one who benefits - by attracting students and making more money.

Now, I'm sure some guys enjoy that type of thing. I'm not even saying it's bad. I'm just explaining why I don't care for it.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    Yeah, I'm not arguing that point. It's just that I don't care too much for demonstrations like that. What they're doing is a little more for show than what you would typically be doing when learning new technique.

I've seen some really good judo guys doing similar demonstrations to impress spectators. It's good to attract new students. I guess I just feel like it cheapens all the hard work they put into actually learning to fight when they turn it into something so stagnant for the sake of an audience.

I look at it from a student's standpoint. A judo player doesn't get any benefit by spending time learning choreographed movements for demonstration purposes. He could be doing something more productive (like randori) instead. I think the students end up doing the dog and pony show and the instructor is the only one who benefits - by attracting students and making more money.

Now, I'm sure some guys enjoy that type of thing. I'm not even saying it's bad. I'm just explaining why I don't care for it.
    The only point I disagree is that is a choreographed movent. It just a low resistance uke for the sake of the demo or even learning the technique. Using your Judo example, randori is worthless is that can't even do the throw on a low resistant parnter.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 9:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=pl4zM4]The only point I disagree is that is a choreographed movent.

Mmmm.....Okay, maybe not.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 9:29am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J:LKSJD:LFj;asf

[media] so you can play the video here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:19am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Tanemura is Hatsumi's cousin, but he left the Bujinkan when Steven Hayes came into the picture. I think that Tanemura probly frigured what was going to happen by allowing incompitent (spelling) outsiders to train with them.

Tanemura seems much better then all the bujinkan idiots put together.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    J:LKSJD:LFj;asf

[url] so you can play the video here.
    Thanks Phrost. Do I just put the youtube link in meda tags? Or do I need the exact URL for the video?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast