Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 12:46am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, at the end of the day, the last thing I want is for people to describe my gun collection as "practical".

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Who give s **** if it's paticularly practical, it's awesome and I bet none of you guys whining about it's practicality would want to stand down range from it :P
    Meh. Cheap thrill. I'd rather have a nice Brno.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 1:10am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean sure, own one or two guns that are good.

But what's the point of enjoying guns if you don't enjoy overcompensating silly-ness and sheer
    "HOLY ****."

Of this kind of thing.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A glock 18C is a pretty damn "good" imo. It doesnt always have to have the stock or drum magazine that seem to be raising the eyebrows. It's obviosuly jsut for shits and grins. I'm thinking about getting a drum mag for my uzi. The only problem with full auto is it never seems to last long enough.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who give s **** if it's paticularly practical, it's awesome and I bet none of you guys whining about it's practicality would want to stand down range from it :P
    I wouldn't want to stand downrange from someone with a single-shot .22, much less that thing.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 12:01pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would sigh with relief if a target was using that thing on me. It can't be practically aimed. I would have plenty of time to take cover, take aim, and split the asshole's eyeballs. Then I would go and put my balls in his dead mouth and my battle buddy would take a picture and mail it to his mom.

What is it with you and this firearm bullshido anyways?

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 1:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not bullshido to recognize that guns can be fun and "impractical" and it's just peachy. and who decides what criteria that has anyways? A lot of people would say anything beyond a 5 shot .38 or a bolt action hunting rifle is impractical)

I would suggest it can be as practically aimed as a pistol can be and then some due to the stock affording additional stability. I also noted that he looked like he had pretty tight control over the weapon despite the sustained burst at a high rate of fire. I think at 50 yards or less you could **** a muh fucka up with a stocked 18C.

But the bottom line is, Does that guy look like he's taking his 18C into combat? No, he's having fun with it at a machin gun shoot which by it's very nature is about having fun.

I went to a MG shoot a couple years back and there were guys with weaponry that you would not "sigh with relief at" but is wholly impractical, including a minigun, mortors, grenade launchers, Ma Deuces, MG42s, the list goes on and on. All of that **** is completely "impractical" for the average citizen but they're having fun with it and not hurting anyone so **** it. let em do their thing and have fun with it. If you cant have fun with the **** then there's no point in owning it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 1:21pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, seriously, none of us are going.

"From now on to protect myself I will carry a drum magazine and a glock."

We all recognize this is horribly impractical. But it's fun.

It's like watching action movies. Just because I know that 95% of the stuff in action movies is total nonsense bullshit doesn't mean I can't still think they are fun.

Infidel

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 2:19pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DAYoung, your safe I've been shooting for about 18 years longer than I've been doing aikido :)

Fair enough Anna, it wasn't intended for practical use you're 100% right.

You wouldn't bring something like that into a war zone, obviously. I was surprised at how steady he held the pistol when he was shooting on full auto too. I'm being a hippocrite pointing out the impracticality of something during a fun shoot when I was bitching about people pointing out how those models were holding guns wrong. I've seen videos of a "fun shoot" of some guy shooting an AR15 under water on full auto. Burp firing or something he called it? I thought it was absolutely retarded and a bad case of fun shooting. This was obviously a much safer enviroment.

I'm envious that you live in a country where you can go out your back door and fire off an UZI or AK47. That or go to machinegun shoots. In Canada we're much more restricted.

I'd pay out of my pocket to use a Glock18 or 19 overseas instead of the Browning hi-power 9mms we are issued. Garbage.

If you cant have fun with the **** then there's no point in owning it.
    Well said.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bump firing, it's a trick where you use the recoil of the rifle and a special method of holding it to "pull" the trigger much faster then you could otherwise. Approaching if not equaling full auto rates of fire, in fact i think my AR15 bump fires faster then my UZI goes on auto.

Fun waste of ammo but you can't aim for **** with it because youhave to maintain a lose grip on the gun to get it to work.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast