Page 10 of 14 First ... 67891011121314 Last
  1. #91
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    Steady on - I can take many things.
    Relax. It's OK to be Welsh.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  2. #92

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,487
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any place in the US where you're allowed to own and play with hand grenades, mortars, RPGs and flamethrowers?

  3. #93
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Is there any place in the US where you're allowed to own and play with hand grenades, mortars, RPGs and flamethrowers?
    AnnaT's kitchen.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  4. #94

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,487
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess the flamethrower comes in handy when the family comes over for dinner and she totally forgot to put the chicken in the oven.

  5. #95
    Don Gwinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,564
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lotsa places, but none of them are Illinois. Except the flamethrowers; I'm pretty sure that would be legal here.

    My ancestors were Welsh. . . I think. Welsh != English. You have only been subdued temporarily by the Limey Overlords, my Celtic brothers. Rise up and defend your right to use ridiculously long words!
    Seriously, I kid my British friends because I love. You have your fair share of blissninnies, but truth be told, so do we. It is unfortunate, but the price of civilization seems to be that a certain minimum percentage of the population forgets where it comes from.


    Guiltyspark, don't get me wrong, I admire the effort, but that's not what I want. That's a recoilless rifle--the round is a rocket, the "rifle" not much more than an open tube. The exhaust from the rocket is allowed to vent out the back, so there's very little recoil.

    What I'm talking about is a Solothurn (Swiss) or Lahti (Finn) rifle. These look and shoot like oversized versions of fairly standard rifles. They fire the 20mm cannon round, the same round fired by the Vulcan cannons on U.S. fighter aircraft like the F-16. They're actually considered obsolete now; they were developed after WWI to kill tanks with armor-piercing shells, but by the time WWII came around the armor had developed beyond the 20mm's capabilities and they weren't much use against tanks.

    They don't really have any military role, since they can't do much that a .50 can't do at a lighter weight, but they're COOL. Notice the pic of a Solothurn S18 next to a PKM machine gun. I also have a scan of the original advertisement for Solothurn S18's (Nazi surplus) in the 1950's. Back then any kid who could lay his hands on $190 could order one through the mail and have it delivered to his doorstep. Unfortunately, the ad is too large to upload, but it's out there if you Google it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solothurn 20mm.gif 
Views:	7 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	5985  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lahti with PKM for size.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	5986  

    *********************************************

  6. #96

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    83
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More clips of our beloved Glock 18 being fired. (With the exception of number 4)

    1. Glock 18 being shot at a target clip length 00:18 sec
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qOPZZ_W7Ik&search=Glock

    2. Glock 18 being shot by a man with cloth over his head. clip length 00:10 sec
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nDLn-uiHgfY&search=Glock
    I'm curious. Do you think this man was wearing the cloth over his head/face to conceal his identity or is there some secret technique being used here?

    3. "twin modified Glock 18's with 50 round magazines" (I would FF to 1:00 mark, I have no idea what they are impying up until then) clip length 2:45
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=B37Pe5MsnH4&search=Glock

    4. And to end it with a good note, some random woman in a bikini shooting twin semi-automatic Glocks.. clip length 00:11 sec
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=O2MnorwuMYU&search=Glock

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    971
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Relax. It's OK to be Welsh.
    I'm a red-blooded English sheep, bee-atch!

  8. #98
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    I'm a red-blooded English sheep, bee-atch!
    Heh. I know. But every now and then, the Poms need to be accused of being Welsh. Keeps you on your toes.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  9. #99
    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    DAYoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Lotsa places, but none of them are Illinois. Except the flamethrowers; I'm pretty sure that would be legal here.

    My ancestors were Welsh. . . I think. Welsh != English. You have only been subdued temporarily by the Limey Overlords, my Celtic brothers. Rise up and defend your right to use ridiculously long words!
    Seriously, I kid my British friends because I love. You have your fair share of blissninnies, but truth be told, so do we. It is unfortunate, but the price of civilization seems to be that a certain minimum percentage of the population forgets where it comes from.


    Guiltyspark, don't get me wrong, I admire the effort, but that's not what I want. That's a recoilless rifle--the round is a rocket, the "rifle" not much more than an open tube. The exhaust from the rocket is allowed to vent out the back, so there's very little recoil.

    What I'm talking about is a Solothurn (Swiss) or Lahti (Finn) rifle. These look and shoot like oversized versions of fairly standard rifles. They fire the 20mm cannon round, the same round fired by the Vulcan cannons on U.S. fighter aircraft like the F-16. They're actually considered obsolete now; they were developed after WWI to kill tanks with armor-piercing shells, but by the time WWII came around the armor had developed beyond the 20mm's capabilities and they weren't much use against tanks.

    They don't really have any military role, since they can't do much that a .50 can't do at a lighter weight, but they're COOL. Notice the pic of a Solothurn S18 next to a PKM machine gun. I also have a scan of the original advertisement for Solothurn S18's (Nazi surplus) in the 1950's. Back then any kid who could lay his hands on $190 could order one through the mail and have it delivered to his doorstep. Unfortunately, the ad is too large to upload, but it's out there if you Google it.
    The front of my Volvo.

    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon


  10. #100

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    971
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Heh. I know. But every now and then, the Poms need to be accused of being Welsh. Keeps you on your toes.
    Bloody colonials.

Page 10 of 14 First ... 67891011121314 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO