Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 10:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A system for wheelies apparently.

I spoke to the head of Shorinji Kempo for the Gold Coast today. He has apparently put together a system for "wheelies" (people who use wheelchairs). While I'm not in a wheelchair, I AM movement impaired, so it's of interest.

The pros:

FREE! FREE! (or at least I pay for the instructor's coffee). He's a security guard and has heaps of knowledge about other systems. I dunno whether he can apply techniques. I will also be training with my friend, who used to play rugby, box and wrestle before his car accident.

Being a General Self Defence person, he appreciates the fact that I know a smidgen of boxing, wrestling and T3H D1RTY!!!

The cons:

The groundwork sounds quite alien. :5saturn:I also have next to no idea what Shorinji Kempo is. I'd be in it for classic SD tactics anyway (eyerakes, elbow smashes, knees to the goolies etc)

That and his mobile phone isn't working at the moment
    Last edited by Toby Christensen; 6/19/2006 10:11am at .
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 10:28am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, as long as it does'nt turn into Chi blasts and wh33l d34dly, woo for you.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 1:49am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shorinji Kempo is basically Shaolin kung fu as practiced in Japan. It's considered to be gendai budo (a modern MA based on a traditional system, as are Aikido, Judo, Kendo, etc.) and there's plenty of info. available via Google search.

Unless the course includes a good deal of alive (improvised, unchoreographed) training then it may be of limited practical value. That said, without knowing any details about the wheelchair self defense course, it's hard to say how effective it might be.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 4:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shorin ji kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I am practitioner of shorin ji kempo, and belive me it doesn't have, or at least it shouldn't have any kind of chi blasts and **** like that.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 5:21am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why are all your topics about being crippled.

I swear to god every post I read from you is "i'm on meds" or "i'm a retard".

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 9:06am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming soon from the producers of bum fights... CRIPPLE FIGHTS!

No armed Joe vs No legs murphy!
    Heavyweight Crutchboxing!
    Autistim vs hydrocephalus!
    TARDS!
    narcoleptic grappling!
    Special asthmatic inhaler match!

And the main event...

10 man battle royal wheelchairiot race!

I'd so watch that.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 7:53pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    why are all your topics about being crippled.

I swear to god every post I read from you is "i'm on meds" or "i'm a retard".
    I'm going to suffer the blows and man up here. :bully:

I've talked with Angry Spastic several times apart from this site, since I share his diagnosis and am interested in training (that's why I list my style as Rehabilitation). I am not as affected as he is, and perhaps because of that our conversations usually revolve around some aspect of our condition.

Honestly, I think he says that kind of thing so much because he's conscious of the impact his condition has on his potential as a martial artist. It doesn't take a hell of a lot of empathy to understand why. I think the reason he brings up his condition so much in his posts comes down to two points that grow from that.
    1. He wants those that aren't familiar with him to understand the context in which he's working, so that any replies are more likely to be relevant.
    2. He doesn't train regularly.

It's not uncommon for people in his position to consistenly present themselves as being handicapped. Particularly if the condition has been present since birth, as ours has, it's a part of that person's identity. Hell, it's kind of an occupation too.

If it bothers you that he says it so much, trust me when I say that it doesn't represent him tearing himself down or arbitrarily limiting his thinking. If you're not that concerned about him and you're just tired of reading that, you might might consider not trolling.

If I sound like I'm speaking for him, it's not my intention.
    :5grouphug:

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't mind MJS. He likes to comment on every issue on bullshido despite not having anything relevant to say.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry about Elipson. He likes to be a fag even though he's too ugly to get sex.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i were too ugly to have sex how could i be a fag? Wouldnt I just be some kind of unsexual thing? Rejected by both sides?

Considering you do nothing with your life besides troll, you really suck at this.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast