Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 8:36am

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Winky Right vs Jermain taylor

what are your opinions on the Wright v taylor match?

was winky cheated or was the fight rightfully a draw? what are your thoughts on winky's decision to move and dodge the 12 round?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he should be happy with the draw. He could have won if he pressed more in the last 2 rounds. I think has lack of pressure almost lost him the fight.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:54am

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was a draw. I was not surprised or disappointed with the decision.

Sure, it is objective, so just tiny differences in perception can cause a person to think one way or the other. But I do think the fight was in a range to where it is reasonable to consider it a draw.

It was one hell of an exciting draw to watch, though.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No way in hell did winky get robbed. He probably could have taken it, but HE fucked up leaving it to the judges when he's the challenger and in the other guys backyard. he should have known better. Same with Taylor. they both took the last two rounds off.

But at least Taylor didn't run from the ring like some schoolboy bitch.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

('._.)

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:35pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A very technical fight, Winky probably landed more shots though all in all I think but Taylor landed harder. It was a close one and I was kinda glad it was a draw.

Next I wanna see De La Hoya fight Taylor.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 8:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only watched the first four rounds of this fight because it was so late and I had to get to sleep, so I can't comment on the decision.
    I have always like Winky Wright though..it is too bad he doesn't have significant KO power ( only 25 knockouts in nearly 50 fights) because he is a gutsy fighter and can take a punch well.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 9:11pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Atleast Taylor didn't run? I believe it was Taylor who has the youth and power was being pushed backwards the majority of the fight into the ropes. I know he thought he could counter Winky, but later comments he was too slow.

But decided to never control the center of the ring, and kept backing up into the ropes? Don't discredit Winky that way. He is a very good fighter and he didn't run.

Maybe he landed more punches? Look at the stats. His accuracy was way better than Taylor's, his only disadvantage is he lacks power.

De la Hoya and Taylor will never happen. If he can't handle the power from Bernard Hopkins at 160 what makes you think he can handle the power of Taylor?

Great fight, however I felt that Winky did enough in the last round to win that round and win him the fight. I guess that is why I am not a judge, or perhaps he really did get robbed.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 10:55pm

Style: MT (no, not "empty")

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Atleast Taylor didn't run? I believe it was Taylor who has the youth and power was being pushed backwards the majority of the fight into the ropes. I know he thought he could counter Winky, but later comments he was too slow.

But decided to never control the center of the ring, and kept backing up into the ropes? Don't discredit Winky that way. He is a very good fighter and he didn't run.

Maybe he landed more punches? Look at the stats. His accuracy was way better than Taylor's, his only disadvantage is he lacks power.

De la Hoya and Taylor will never happen. If he can't handle the power from Bernard Hopkins at 160 what makes you think he can handle the power of Taylor?

Great fight, however I felt that Winky did enough in the last round to win that round and win him the fight. I guess that is why I am not a judge, or perhaps he really did get robbed.
    Re: Taylor not running, PirateJon was referring to Winky running out of the ring immediately after the decision was announced and not hanging around to give any post fight comments.

Also, 1 judge gave winky the 12th round.

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 7:51am

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the compubox numbers gave winky the better fight. he threw at a higher connect percentage, and landed more punches, but threw less punches than taylor. he won the boxing match, but taylor's power played a significant role, and the harder shots is what won him the fight.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It won him the draw? Mmmkay..

re: Oscar's next fight.

It'll be against Mayweather. No doubt. Only question is when. there's rumors on the internets his shoulder is too tore up for a fight this fall.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast