Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yakumaru Jigen-ryu Demonstration

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 11:28pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's Jigen Ryu kenjutsu... a notoriously "hard" style of kenjutsu. They have one hoss of a bokutou as well.

If there were a Jigen Ryu dojo around me, I would *be* there. Let's put it that way.

The second clip is muto dori from the Yagyu Shingan ryu of jujutsu, another recognized koryu. Nothing remiss there.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:54am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lmfao.. that was great!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 6:59am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god invented kendo to remind karateka about the difference between a kiai and just screaming like a ninny.

guess he got the idea from the kenjutsu guys.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 7:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    That's Jigen Ryu kenjutsu... a notoriously "hard" style of kenjutsu. They have one hoss of a bokutou as well.

If there were a Jigen Ryu dojo around me, I would *be* there. Let's put it that way.

The second clip is muto dori from the Yagyu Shingan ryu of jujutsu, another recognized koryu. Nothing remiss there.
    What he said.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 7:50am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to look at the first clip in all seriousness, but the second dude in the row... I mean, ****, he needs to learn how scream. His screaming reminded me of one of my sisters when she was 12. He needs to develop some deep bass or something :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    What he said.

I've watched this quasi-suburi thing of the Jigen Ryu several times now, and all I can think about is how goddamn hard on the hands that must be. If one is using a wooden bokken with naught more for a grip than bare, polished hardwood, imagine the vibrations that come from repeatedly performing shomen-uchi onto a target which may or may not yield, with that much force. Ow.

Then again, I have a vision of some Jigen Ryu samurai hacking away at his opponent on the battlefield. I wonder if the toushi of ancient Japan ever saw a samurai with a Jigen mon walking up the street and said, "Yes! The idiot broke his sword again! I'm going to be rich!"
    --
    L.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 10:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    I wonder if the toushi of ancient Japan ever saw a samurai with a Jigen mon walking up the street and said, "Yes! The idiot broke his sword again! I'm going to be rich!"
    BWHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA, Probably. I always wonder if the Jigen Ryu used different katana cause normal katana would seem to brake under those conditions.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always been taught that the katana was a sidearm and the modern forms of kenjutsu were maily products of the Tokugawa era, where there was much less wearing of armor and more dueling.

The typical katana would chip and bend if struck against armor, even the supposedly "big cutters" of the 14th and 15th centuries, like my shobu. I know I'd never use it on anything harder than green bamboo.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 5:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That first one is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! What the hell was itg?

The side caption said it was to build up strength and spirit whilst practicing proper cuts. Proper cuts? I'm no swordsman... but wasnt that more "Woman with rolling pin experiencing massive PMS" than "Proper cutting"???
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast