Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:11pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinz
    Obviously, the training our armed forces go through is pointless because they don't need any of that in order to hurt people. They just need guns, ammo and socks.

Duh... anyone can shoot a gun! How hard could that be? Point it at the bad guy and pull the trigger, right? </sarcasm>

No, OP, anyone cannot just hurt anyone else physically. Fighting is a skill that must be learned, and the best way to learn that skill is by training in fighting. Now, it's highly illegal to go around picking fights with random passers by, and not really smart. So, thousands of years ago, our ancestors learned that if you tone down the fighting a bit by using padding or rules you could safely train someone in how to fight. Although for the most part our ancestors were laughable, primitive boobs, they did occasionally have good ideas, this being one of them.
    --
    L.

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:14pm

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ---------------Many of us here have been victims of Bullshit martial arts in the past. We came to this site, we came to the throwdowns, and they changed the way we think about martial arts. Now that we have seen the light, we do our best to continue the tradition by helping others as we were once helped. Do you think this is wrong?-------------

i think this is a good thing, and a quite neccesary thing.

i am just questioning your methods.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear fedeykin. Please stop posting on bullshido forever.

Thank you.
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:18pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    laughable, primitive boobs
    You mean monkey tits?

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:19pm

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ----Dear fedeykin. Please stop posting on bullshido forever.----

can't handle the critizism, huh?

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedeykin, what are you hoping to achieve by starting this thread? Are you thinking of any examples in particular? Serious questions.

If a poster here doesn't know what they're talking about, they can fire off their opinions as much as they please, but they won't be taken seriously by anyone who actually knows anything.

Why should people on Kung Fu Magazine forums be allowed to comment on kung fu unless they are sifus?

Why should you be allowed to post on Bullshido when you're not a professional writer, or haven't won awards?

It's your right to express your opinion, and it's our right to critique it, and everything else out there. I kind of get what you're saying, but some things are so obvious, so stupid or flame-bait that people here WILL rip it to shreds. Bar a few idiots, the members here generally get it right IMO.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is what I find funny, I'll bet as long as we are complimentary of (insert martial art here) and (insert any instructor here) we aren't having this discussion.

Folks like Fedeykin I bet don't get lathered up over compliments, deserved or not.
    But bring out the criticism and uh oh, we're a bunch of no name idiots who don't know what we're talking about. Sorry my man, we can take criticism all day long.

How about you be specific, I'll give you an example, of legitimate, specific criticism.
    I took Okinawan Karate-do for about six months close to 15 years ago. I enjoyed the class, but there were some flaws, like when during sparring, I caught my black belt instructors leg and asked if he minded if we took the sparring to the ground. He agreed and with my one year high school wrestling background, I easily controlled and pinned him. I am not disparaging him or his art, but after that I figured maybe I should consider studying an art that had good ground work to compliment stand up. I also started to lose interest because this art also had a lot of katas which I really didn't nor still do have any patience for.

I now take a BJJ class and Muay Thai kickboxing course. These are very challenging but truly enjoyable to say the least. The sparring aspect of the classes really gives you perspective on what works and what doesn't (see my
    getting knocked out by trying an ill advised, wrong body punch thread in strikeastan.)

There is almost no way to judge so called instructors without seeing what they can do on the mat. It is your money and time, and if someone puts out that they teach fighting skills, they put themselves into the public domain and therefore are open to criticism. My 2 cents.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 8:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Punctuation and capitalization escapes him as well as the quote function.

Reminds me of creduloids crying their way onto a science forum wondering why all the scientists do is "criticise" their crystals, magic water, and tarot decks. I advise such to demonstrate where the science is wrong.

Silence.

So, I am sure if this individual could actually demonstrate where Bullshido [PBUI--Ed.] has been "wrong" regarding examination of a school, discipline, theory, I am sure he would have. The point is he cannot. So he is upset.

Whatever.

Second the nomination of a "Whine Avatar"--use a picture of one of those 8 year-old black belts.

--J.D.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 8:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let's see

- Martial arts are not about hurting people.

Check

- UFC fighting is all about learning to fight in the UFC and unrealistic like learning to leap around like a monkey focus your chi or whatr ever you do.

Check

- Bullshido is BS because they ask people to back up their claims by either posting video or attending throwdowns rather than just respecting whatever bs claims they make up.

Check

Yep you rate 10/10 insecure idiot meter.

The fact that Bullshido bugs you so much that you had to post means that there is a small part inside you, a very small part, that feels Bullshido's standards for measuring martial arts just might be correct and that you and your training don't live up.

You're attacking the messenger because the message makes you feel unfomfortable.

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 8:39pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fedeykin
    ----Dear fedeykin. Please stop posting on bullshido forever.----

can't handle the critizism, huh?
    Considering your initial post on this thread you should ask yourself that question.

Or have you already forgotten that this whole thread began with you ranting about the confrontational attitude that Bullshido has against McDojos and McDojo artists such as yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast