Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:01pm

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ----------It doesn't take a GREAT martial artist to spot a fraud, it only takes someone with an ounce of common sense.----------

the problem is how do you realy know they are frauds?

from what i see here people call instructors frauds cause they have a different mind set, different beleifs.

not all martial arts is about ring fighting, and you guys go after anyone who teaches something that isnt ring fighting.
    some of you are just as bad as the frauds and charlatans out there.

martial arts is much more then just learning how to hurt people. it also builds a community. for some people it is also just a recreational sport.
    you go after instructors cause they do not teach people how to win a UFC fight, but that same instructor is building a community, is helping people with their physical fitness etc.

this is what i have a problem with.

if your going after some some charlatan teaching how to blast someone with chi by looking at them, by all means go for it.

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fedeykin

from what i see here people call instructors frauds cause they have a different mind set, different beleifs.

not all martial arts is about ring fighting, and you guys go after anyone who teaches something that isnt ring fighting.

martial arts is much more then just learning how to hurt people. it also builds a community. for some people it is also just a recreational sport.
    you go after instructors cause they do not teach people how to win a UFC fight, but that same instructor is building a community, is helping people with their physical fitness etc.

if your going after some some charlatan teaching how to blast someone with chi by looking at them, by all means go for it.
    While dunking biscuits in your tea is a common and enjoable way to enjoy your tea, a more difficult but sightly better way is to use a chocolate bar, preferably on with some form of biscuit inside i.e. twix or penguin bar. There are two ways to dunk chocolate bars into your tea:

1: Biting each end off the bar and then using it as a "straw" to drink the tea then eat the softened bar.

Or

2: Stirring the tea with the bar, which melts the chocolate, letting you enjoy the melted chocolate and letting some melt into the tea, giving a "chocolatey tea" effect.

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -----------Again believe it when I see it. Considering I've won INTERNATIONAL tournaments that doesn't really mean much now does it.---------

realy which ones?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:04pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Goodtimz STFU before you get your feelings hurt.
    See, martial arts is about helping people not get hurt.

FWIW, those pictures are not in your Zoints profile, how do we get to your gallery these days?

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ----------It doesn't take a GREAT martial artist to spot a fraud, it only takes someone with an ounce of common sense.----------

No problems there, but when they say that they are teaching self defense, they damn well better be able to teach people how to defend themselves.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:09pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You totally missed the boat on this one. "You guys" go after frauds, instructors and arts that claim to be something they are not.

What style of kung fu do you learn?

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    --------------You totally missed the boat on this one. "You guys" go after frauds, instructors and arts that claim to be something they are not.-----------

thats the theory at least. would be nice if you could hold yourself to it ;)

----------What style of kung fu do you learn?--------

i trained at the shaolin temple in austria.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -----------Again believe it when I see it. Considering I've won INTERNATIONAL tournaments that doesn't really mean much now does it.---------

realy which ones?
    The CBJJ Europeans for one and Carlos Jr gave me the medal himself, even took us out to dinner.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Name an instance, cite an example, or take a flying leap from the Sears Tower into the rush hour traffic below.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i trained at the shaolin temple in austria.
    Considering your performance when I was there we need to clarify the word "trained".:confused5
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast