Page 1 of 3 123 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question about Gi....

Finally got around to checking out the Alliance at Sandy Spring and Tiger Academy up in Roswell. I got to see the great Jacre in action at Alliance so that was kinda exciting. At Tiger Academy, apparently, it was testing day so no classes were being held.

I walked in and just saw two white belts throwing each other around. I'm most likely going to go ahead and sign up with Alliance. Steve - the guy I talked to about membership - was super cool about making me feel welcomed and answering my questions. I can train at both the Sandy Spring and Downtown location, which is a HUGE bonus. Tiger Academy is just too far away and I was quoted three different prices for membership fees each of the three times I talked to the same guy. I'm assuming the guy didn't know it was me asking all three times.

Anyway, now that I've "almost" decided on a school... I had couple questions about purchasing a Gi. Apparently, the word Gi is not long enough for me to search for using the search option. So I realized this has most likely been discussed a BILLION times, but I'd appreciate it if someone can link me to an older discussion or help me with my questions.

Tiger Academy is asking for $130 for the gi and $15 for the white belt. Is this expensive? I noticed online that the price of gi varies TREMENDOUSLY from like $40 to $300. Why such variation in the price? Second, do the different colors mean anything? I noticed at Alliance that most had a white gi on with a few guys with blue ones. Thanks.

Edit: Wrong forum. Read the forum descriptions next time. Moved to Grappleville forum.
    Piz Doff
    Last edited by PizDoff; 6/21/2006 2:01am at .

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a good Gi for $40 on ebay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn! I paid $40+GST, just for Gi pants!

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Less talk. More action. I would recommend a gi - if there weren't 10 other threads that could be found with me giving the same advice. A considering you just...can't...quite...sign...up...for...classes - well I just can't make an 11th recomendation. Sign up - come back - report how your first class went. In some other forum other than the Bullshido section.

NOW DIE FUCKING NEWBIE SCUM, DIE DIE DIE!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    depending on your size, combatsports.com has adidas gi's on clearance.

I personally recomend atama gi's. But others have other likes and dislikes.

And use the search function.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm charitable. http://www.jokerjitsu.com/

(hell, most of my training hours have been in a $35 lightweight judogi from fucking century)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can get good gis for less then $50.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks everyone for the reply. they were all quite helpful minus a few. thanks for the link for joker jiu jitsu. very nice reviews on a lot of Gis.

just wanted to clarify. as stated before, i know this question had been asked before on other posts. but unfortunately, i couldn't find it using the search option so was re-posting hoping someone could guide me in the right direction.

anyway, thanks again for the help and sorry for the "noobie" question. :qgreenjum

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a note for the future: before posting on a forum, make sure you read the rules and know what's going on.

On the SomethingAwful forums, you would have been banned (and out $10) for something like this, but their moderation is pretty strict.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last