7/12/2006 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    San 4 yrs 1-3 time week 1 to2 times alive
    Andre 3 yrs 1-2 time week(sometimes 3) 1 to 2 times alive
    4 years and he still cant fight for ****? something is wrong here. nobody should still look like that after 4 years. they look like they have had 6 months, maybe a year at most training. im not trying to say you are a bad coach, but... your students cant fight.
    Last edited by alex; 7/12/2006 7:50pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 7:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    4 years and he still cant fight for ****? something is wrong here. nobody should still look like that after 4 years. they look like they have had 6 months, maybe a year at most training. im not trying to say you are a bad coach, but... your students cant fight.
    Alex, in his asinine way as usual, has lead to my next question.

How long have they actually been sparing. Now, I don't mean alive type sparring scenarios.

I mean actual sparring.

I'm sorry for all the inane questions but, I want to make 100% I have the facts before I comment. I've seen the way they spar at my old school. There is a potential problem with you, not your students.

Before angry man plasma pipes up, it has nothing to do with your personal skill.

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 8:01pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Alex, in his asinine way as usual, has lead to my next question.

How long have they actually been sparing. Now, I don't mean alive type sparring scenarios.

I mean actual sparring.

I'm sorry for all the inane questions but, I want to make 100% I have the facts before I comment. I've seen the way they spar at my old school. There is a potential problem with you, not your students.

Before angry man plasma pipes up, it has nothing to do with your personal skill.
    Not really sure on that one, but not that many sessions. San (younger one) for the longest time focused on BJJ (When we had the BJJ teacher) and the kata classes. Andre basics(kata), weapons, sparring class(lately) and now both are starting training in Muay Thai.
    Last edited by shinbushi; 7/12/2006 8:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 8:12pm

Style: Bujinkan/BJJ/Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Do you spar, with hard contact? If so, how often?
    In Wu Shu Kwan I spar 3 times per week- Full contact. Then in BJJ we obviously roll. In the Bujinkan, perhaps 1 time per week, we'll spar medium contact, with obivous control over certain elements.

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 9:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Budo Taijutsu, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings all,

Andre here - I'm the older more balding one...

I appreciate everyone's comments, critiques and observations and look forward to more.

While I've been training with Sensei for almost three years, I'm still a major work in progress. My hands dropped low way too much - especially during the kicks, I wasn't very aggressive overall and my clinch and ground game is in need of serious work.

I've found that in sparring at our dojo, we all try to maintain some amount of control - especially when we wear minimal protective gear and that was certainly the case that day. From time to time we do put on the full kit and really pound on each other but that is more the exception than the rule in my specific case.

As I progress in training and aptitude, I do look forward to going at it more full-contact. In doing so, though, I want to make sure that my training partner and I are pressured at a level that is a challenge but not so much so that one or both of us get's seriously injured. I've had my share of black eyes, pulled muscles and strained ligaments but nothing that kept me out of trainging for much more than a week.

At any rate, thanks again...

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 9:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent a PM to Shin. I tell him to shoot it to you at some point.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 9:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think you should go to a boxing gym for a few months and learn how to punch properly because whatever you are doing at your current dojo, you arent learning how to do combinations, nor how to move in on a jab... or any of the very basic boxing techniques people should know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 9:34pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex, don't you think your comments in this thread contradict your sig??

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 9:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. The credit DOES belong to the man in the arena and I definitely give props to Andre for showing his video on the internet (well his teacher showed it but im assuming he got permission from andre and the other guy)

Nowhere in my sig does it say that because someone is trying that they arent subject to criticism. nobody ever got better without being criticised for what they are doing wrong.

edit- and im not the critic on the sideline anyway. im the other dude in the arena who is telling him his punches suck. mine do too but i can at least offer alternatives which might make them suck less.
    Last edited by alex; 7/12/2006 9:52pm at .

Posted On:
    7/12/2006 10:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ginshun
    He lurks everywhere at all times. Its part of his special d34dly ninja powers. Him a Ben Cole both.
    They regularly use our search funtion to see if we're talking about them, then get mightly pissed off when we're not.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast