Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 12:25pm

Style: Russian boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    If systema were for men, you'd still fight like pussies.
    Unfortunately, since denigrating people and an art on a virtual basis is a ***** way's out, you're considered...well, a *****.
    Last edited by WarriorOfLuv; 9/20/2006 12:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungy is afraid of women? I knew it, I could see it from miles. After all, men that're overly feminine (see *****) can't really mix with those they deliberately or unconsciously imitate (women).

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would they need to when they can just laugh at goofs such as yourself featured on youtube Officer Genge?

I'm sad no one could show up. Unfortunately I checked out that video. I personally don't believe that what I saw would be affective in a self defense situation. Again, this is based on the video. If any of the systema people have a siminar going on in the Washington state area let me know as I would like to see what the fuss is about. I will let you know that based on what I've seen, I probably won't be going in with the open mind of a martial arts newb.

Or someone could just provide some video of this being used in an "alive" manner!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 11:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    I will let you know that based on what I've seen, I probably won't be going in with the open mind of a martial arts newb.
    I like this guy. An "open mind" usually means, if a case can be made persuasive enough, you'll ignore your analytical abilities and buy into all sorts of BS and spin.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 6:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Systema/JKD/Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admit it, I don't know crap about knocking attackers out without physically touching...short of using a firearm, but apparently systema cultists do. :happy4:
    Systema does not claim to be able to knock anyone out with know touch. The Systema video on "Psychic energy" shows movement excercises and how people can be psychologically manipulated to move in certain ways. It is not ment to be something you use for combat by itself.

The irony is, you didn't comprehend how worthless systema "dim mak" strikes would be against someone such as Omega.
    It appears from that video that almost anything other than a Mack Truck would be worthless on Omega! ;)

Be my guest, my knowledge clearly surpasses yours. Start a thread about it and see how quickly interest in it will die. Unless, of course I interject and expound on the topic as I have done in the past. You're a little late to the party here sonny.

I've commented extensively here on the governing aspects of the peripheral nervous system regardless of the system's involved, the reliability of the somatic reactions and how they can be overriden with direct CNS input.

A-hole or not, you're a bit out of your league here junior.
    I never tried to challenge you on the validity of SCARS. I think the fact that many marines/ex-marines have taken the system and vouch for it stands for itself, and I believe it is a solid system. I would have to actually be instructed by someone certified to teach SCARS for me to be able to compare it to Systema.

From the videos I have made some observations, but I found more good than bad from it, and the videos are quite old.

The video I was criticizing, as I said it was not really the content. The stances shown in the video are good, and won't damage your knees. Very similiar approach to the kind of squats we do in Systema. The part of the video I didn't like is that they repeated the same things over-and-over 3 or 4 times, kind of pointless, since they only needed to show it once (unless the guy just wanted to prove that he could hold the position for 1 minute).

It sounds like you are very knowledgeable about nervous system/autokenetic repsonses, etc. and that's good. I'm not sure why you got the impression I was trying to challenge your knowledge on the subject. I am calling you on your knowledge of Systema. I am also wondering why you need to be so rude, you would gain more creditability if you approached the subject in a more respectful manner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 8:59am

Style: systema/RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    I'm sad no one could show up. Unfortunately I checked out that video. I personally don't believe that what I saw would be affective in a self defense situation. Again, this is based on the video. If any of the systema people have a siminar going on in the Washington state area let me know as I would like to see what the fuss is about. I will let you know that based on what I've seen, I probably won't be going in with the open mind of a martial arts newb.

Or someone could just provide some video of this being used in an "alive" manner!
    DatDamnMachine - you are in luck!

Excellent systema seminar coming up the third weekend in October in Bellevue, WA. This is not Vladimir, but Sonny is quite good enough to make an impression.

Details here.
    http://www.systemanw.com/SonnyP06.pdf

Hope to see you there!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 1:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH
    DatDamnMachine - you are in luck!

Excellent systema seminar coming up the third weekend in October in Bellevue, WA. This is not Vladimir, but Sonny is quite good enough to make an impression.

Details here.
    http://www.systemanw.com/SonnyP06.pdf

Hope to see you there!
    It must be nice to have something to look forward to DDM. :icon_mrgr
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 1:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It must be nice to have something to look forward to DDM. :icon_mrgr
    "how many times can a ***** flap?"

"well, this ***** has flapped 4730 times apparently"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Systema/JKD/Submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More sexism, just what females in the M.A. community need.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 3:28am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...I will agree that the term is more male/towards coward/oriented.

Neomaoist..please forgive both myself and WarriorOfLuv for the use in this certain situation.
    Two thoughts follow:
    First - it has been my experience - and I am cetainmany will agree - that the agressiveness of many martial arts is a total turn off to women. Even those that want to learn well. That is their right as human be-ing's (zen term that applies, I feel - in this reply).

In ANY form of marital study - it is not only hard to find a good method...but moreso, a good teacher you can connect with.

When I was lucky enough to train MT under Caulife and Arjan Chai Surisite (in the mid-90's) - I was so impressed by the ability of Surisite to be able to drop all the macho crap and work with the 4 to 9 female students in a session, and actually make them MT students of excellent example of MT! In fact, of the women in our classes, I will openly admit - he was able to work with a few of the women who weighed in at about 1 to 150 lbs...and get into their trainignso well, that guys who out weighed them by 60 or more pounds..kinda groaned when they sparred with them. They totally held their own in their relative weight class..a thestimony that 'good training, from good trainers = good exponents..regardless of gender'.

Second thought:
    The women of the martial arts -any martial art - have in many ways far more desire to learn than their male counterparts, at times. Kust as in the workplace and in life in general - in certain things that they desire to experience - it can be very tricky to balance society's 'bullshit mold of what a woman should be" with thier martial studies.

I have had two great martial women in my life..one I married and have twin bi-racial children with..another was from another culture - but a martial student for a decade before we met. They both were wild cats...one was a full contact east coast name in the 70's...the other a hard core female corrections officer. We spoke about the difficulty they had in the male dominated m.a. world - but, one th floor they could do a good ass whoopin...and in real time as well. Very hard for a woman to be 'feminine' and still regarded well by their male class mates - but BOTH did so.

And in a way - they became even more dedicated by their trials..very admirable, yes?

From my experiences with Arjan Chai - how he could draw out the BESt of any student - big, small..male or female....based on their capacity to lerarn, take the hits - and grow...man, it was a definitve experience.
    I was fortunate.

Funny thing - my opinion only - neo, the two women I mention would most not have been sexually insulted by the term used '*****' - for as totally fem as they are, I have heard them use that term to describe cowardly behavior from men - they reserve another term for cowardly women. Just my life experience.

Shared here for allto read..some will get it...male or female..some may not.

Closing - THIS forum is extreeeeemly male dominated..but the few females who venture and post here...IMHO - still know the territory, retain thier femal side - but have the martial side as well, as a part of their totality.

They are those that know the story of Tome-e. An old tale of the warrior period of Japan. A samurai's daughter married to a daimyo.

Look, ya gotta love any female that is willing to enter the testosterone charged environment of m.arts - and stays..and excells!

They are too few..and too cool.

Google Rusty Kanokoge...I met her years ago. MEN trembled when they met her on the Judo randori mat! She was smart, in control of her life - and an olympic medal winner. And in her day..in her time...rather a hottie! Rest her soul.
    Last edited by RobG; 9/23/2006 3:32am at .
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast