Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 1:13pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what's a good, hassle-free way of cancelling your account? Stop paying the bill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 1:17pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai Tenshi ^_^
    Call center work is dehumanizing and mind numbing- that rep probably had like no idea what was going on.

/served 6 months as a phone service stooge..... 6 harrowing months of horrible terror!

That said, that was fucking hilarious and I can't believe he didn't explode on that moron sooner.

Man I'm glad I didn't work for anyone like AOL.
    I made it just under a year. My first job out of college was at a help desk. Not a help desk at a business for their internal employees, but a help desk for people in their homes that can't find the power button.

I was bordering on insanity by the time I had finished there.

It was a decent first job though, to get some experience.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 4:00pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    You know what's a good, hassle-free way of cancelling your account? Stop paying the bill.

And of potentially making yourself liable for breach of contract.
    --
    L.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contract? Isn't it a month by month thing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 9:56pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Contract? Isn't it a month by month thing?
    Depends on the company.

If it's something like a satallite dish, cell phone or something then there is a contract that goes with it.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 11:33pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if it is, if you miss a payment, you're in breach of contract and liable to the other party for at least as much as your payment in damages, and they may refer it to a collection agency to get it, who will tack on a service fee.

Not that this is legal advice, but personally, I'd pay out my obligation and then cancel.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 6:56am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta say i really don't mind getting called for charities and the like, even some telemarketers can be fine. for me it's the telemarketers from places like india and singapore that REALLY annoy me.

Once, just ONCE i'd like to get a telemarket call from one of these places and be able to understand one sentance, that's all i ask, ONE SIMPLE SENTANCE! but they can't even get the most basic of words right! how do these people remain in business, seriously, how the **** can you sell something when not a single person you call can even understand what language you're attempting to speak?

I know instantly when it's an overseas telemarketer because for some reason it takes a second or two to connect to them after I pickup, i'm usually half way to hanging up by the time i hear 'harro??'

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taters
    As an experienced telemarketer, i can state with certainty that the national do not call list has never stopped ANYONE from being telemarketed. It Only prevents 'cold call' sales where the person has no relationship to the company selling to them. About the time the DNC law was passed most telemarketing firms had already stopped cold calling as it didnt make and money, they essentially outlawed something noone does:laughing4. All telemarketing is done on a PBR, previous business relationship.
    However.......you may request that the individual telemarketer remove your name from their list, which is enforced quite well. The thing is the next time you use your credit card/go to the bank/ buy something from them/call them on the phone(even a wrong number)/visit one of thier facilities, you 'reestablish' the 'previously existing business relationship' and your name goes right back on the lists!

The only way to reduce TM calls is to, and this is the most important advice i can ever give as a pro tekemarketer, LISTEN TO THEM AND DONT HANG UP. If i could make those words bigger i would. This is why, you need to learn a few pieces of information #1.The company who you have the relationship with(creditcard/bank/etc) #2. The name of the company who provides the product/service thats being offered, this is almost NEVER that same company as #1. and... #3 the company who is acually calling you. NEVER the same as 1 or 2.

Then you request explicitly to have you name removed from all 3(three) of those lists. This will reduce the amount of TM calls you get significantly.......however......the only way to get the calls to stop is to proceed to sever the relations ship with company #1(the company whos vague association with the offer makes it not a cold call) this often means cancelling creditcards/bank accounts/memberships. Almost all mortgage companies TM because they know people wont cancell a morgage so quickly).

Privacy guard works to an extent, and noone TM's cell phones knowingly(as they can be held responsible for the cell charges if the person feels like litigating.

Finnally a few tips for handling TM calls.

-1.Dont hang up.Hang ups are considered 'Not Interested' youll get called back in an few days. Dont hang up. Tell them clearly you like you name removed from the 3 lists i mentioned earlier.

-2.Dont Lie, just dont do it. Cruel brutal honesty will get you far better treatment then the most inoccent little lie. We know you're lieing. When you lie 'i dont have time right now' or 'nows a bad time' just to get them off the line and then explode when they call back later saying "YOU FUCKS ALLREADY CALLED ME ABOUT THIS, I DONT WANT IT" and slam the phone down, its a hang up, your gonna get called back at 8am on Saturday. GOOD MORNING MR. SMITH HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS PRE-DAWN WEEKEND!!!!

-3. Most ppl have callerID by now, and TMs are almost always an 800 or 888 number. DONT GIVE THE PHONE TO A CHILD TO ANSWER. Because youll get called back at 9pm(its legal) to wake the afore mentioned child up, and a good time for you too

-4 Never give out your phone numbers to financial instutions. I know most people think the bank need that number, but most banks can do e-mail/old mail for most communications. CreditCard companies and banks definatly WILL SELL your #, every last one. Put down a fake number or no phone. Checking the box that says "i dont want promotional offers" does NOTHING

-5 Finally if you want to **** with the caller, heres the best way. Ask questions about the offer. Good stuff sells its self, all TM offers are ****. It can be quite amusing to listen to the pitch fall apart as you ask specific and pointed questions about the product. Its universally known in the TM business that the more the person learns about the offer, the farther you are from a sale. We accually HOWL with laughter when we learn about new products. And cry a little on the inside because we know we can sell these turds, easily.

ps. welcome to the capitalist paradise of the USA. I'll be calling you soon...

I am in TM HELL right now. I think its karma becuase for a very breif time I am my wife worked in TM in college. Now I GET CALLED ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!!

Most of the time I don't even get a person I get a RECORDING that tell you to call back. When you do to tell them to stop callilng you don't get an answer!!!!

The NCL does NOTHING because I checked, rechecked, double checked, and checked again to make sure I was on it and I STILL get calls. I am on the verge changing my number to at least give me a few weeks peace.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123