222063 Bullies, 3500 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Gringo Grande is offline
    Gringo Grande's Avatar

    Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Warsaw Ghettos/Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,336

    Posted On:
    6/16/2006 10:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put your phone # on the Federal do not call list.

    GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).
  2. PizDoff is offline

    .

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,606

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 12:31am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Namrepus221
    I hate dealing with stupid telemarketers. Especailly those that call for ether one of my parents for a "courtesy call".

    They call every day at the same damn time (usually 10 am, noon, or a little after 1) and I tell them "They are not home, can I take a message?" When they ask "Is there a better time to call back?" I simply tell them "Yes. after 6 PM" which is when my parents come home for work. But sure enough the next day I get a "courtsey call" for my parents at about the same time as the day before and repeat the cycle ad nauseam

    Repeat that for about a week and a half or until I yell at them to either call back when I say they will be home or stop calling altogether.
    Their 1. Dialer sucks, so the rep can't actually set what time to CB a CX.
    2. The rep is just lazy, and just dispositioned the call as a GK, or VM to minimise his ACW time.
    3. The managers keep recycling the lists past the point of stale so customers keep getting recalls day after day. Usually a customer won't be called more than 5 times unless there is recycling of lists.

    ;)


    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Meh...sales as usually. I sold a time share once to a guy who said no at least 200 times over the course of an hour...and finally closed him.
    No does not mean no. It really means you have not convinced me enough.
    But.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Namrepus221
    If a person is willing to sit there and tell you 200 times "No" then there is something wrong with that person.
    Is very true.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
  3. Poop Loops is offline
    Poop Loops's Avatar

    OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,026

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 12:45am

    supporting member
     Style: In Transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    Put your phone # on the Federal do not call list.

    GG
    Does that even work? I heard there are work arounds for it.
  4. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 12:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Does that even work? I heard there are work arounds for it.
    Doesn't seem so. We put our home number on that list and we still get calls.
  5. Namrepus221 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    240

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 11:08am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Doesn't seem so. We put our home number on that list and we still get calls.
    If you have a pre-existing relationship with the caller (you have their cable/telephone/satellite service, subscription to their magazine, etc) or they are police, a non profit charity, or any government agency.

    They are exempt from the "do not call" list.

    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...rts/alt129.htm
  6. Lane is offline
    Lane's Avatar

    Ex-ninja

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,350

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 12:51pm


     Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I used to work in a call center (tech support for dell), it was the bomb diggity except for I got really fat.
    My girlfriend works at Dell's phone sales center. She comes home and works out every day because, "I'm not getting fat like the rest of the cows in my office."

    Does Dell feed you guys processed lard or something? :)

    (I know how it is; when I was a systems administrator I got fat because all I did was sit around and develop databases and drink Dr. Pepper. Thankfully I quit that job.)
    --
    L.
  7. Namrepus221 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    240

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 3:42pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    My girlfriend works at Dell's phone sales center. She comes home and works out every day because, "I'm not getting fat like the rest of the cows in my office."

    Does Dell feed you guys processed lard or something? :)

    (I know how it is; when I was a systems administrator I got fat because all I did was sit around and develop databases and drink Dr. Pepper. Thankfully I quit that job.)
    So your girlfriend lives in India?

    (bad joke I know...but someone would eventually say it)
  8. Meager is offline
    Meager's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    979

    Posted On:
    6/18/2006 2:50am


     Style: BJJ & MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Namrepus221
    If a person is willing to sit there and tell you 200 times "No" then there is something wrong with that person.
    If it's a timeshare he probably had to sit through the speech for a free/cheap vacation.
  9. taters is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Huntington
    Posts
    13

    Posted On:
    6/18/2006 4:14am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    Does that even work? I heard there are work arounds for it.
    As an experienced telemarketer, i can state with certainty that the national do not call list has never stopped ANYONE from being telemarketed. It Only prevents 'cold call' sales where the person has no relationship to the company selling to them. About the time the DNC law was passed most telemarketing firms had already stopped cold calling as it didnt make and money, they essentially outlawed something noone does:laughing4. All telemarketing is done on a PBR, previous business relationship.
    However.......you may request that the individual telemarketer remove your name from their list, which is enforced quite well. The thing is the next time you use your credit card/go to the bank/ buy something from them/call them on the phone(even a wrong number)/visit one of thier facilities, you 'reestablish' the 'previously existing business relationship' and your name goes right back on the lists!

    The only way to reduce TM calls is to, and this is the most important advice i can ever give as a pro tekemarketer, LISTEN TO THEM AND DONT HANG UP. If i could make those words bigger i would. This is why, you need to learn a few pieces of information #1.The company who you have the relationship with(creditcard/bank/etc) #2. The name of the company who provides the product/service thats being offered, this is almost NEVER that same company as #1. and... #3 the company who is acually calling you. NEVER the same as 1 or 2.

    Then you request explicitly to have you name removed from all 3(three) of those lists. This will reduce the amount of TM calls you get significantly.......however......the only way to get the calls to stop is to proceed to sever the relations ship with company #1(the company whos vague association with the offer makes it not a cold call) this often means cancelling creditcards/bank accounts/memberships. Almost all mortgage companies TM because they know people wont cancell a morgage so quickly).

    Privacy guard works to an extent, and noone TM's cell phones knowingly(as they can be held responsible for the cell charges if the person feels like litigating.

    Finnally a few tips for handling TM calls.

    -1.Dont hang up.Hang ups are considered 'Not Interested' youll get called back in an few days. Dont hang up. Tell them clearly you like you name removed from the 3 lists i mentioned earlier.

    -2.Dont Lie, just dont do it. Cruel brutal honesty will get you far better treatment then the most inoccent little lie. We know you're lieing. When you lie 'i dont have time right now' or 'nows a bad time' just to get them off the line and then explode when they call back later saying "YOU FUCKS ALLREADY CALLED ME ABOUT THIS, I DONT WANT IT" and slam the phone down, its a hang up, your gonna get called back at 8am on Saturday. GOOD MORNING MR. SMITH HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS PRE-DAWN WEEKEND!!!!

    -3. Most ppl have callerID by now, and TMs are almost always an 800 or 888 number. DONT GIVE THE PHONE TO A CHILD TO ANSWER. Because youll get called back at 9pm(its legal) to wake the afore mentioned child up, and a good time for you too

    -4 Never give out your phone numbers to financial instutions. I know most people think the bank need that number, but most banks can do e-mail/old mail for most communications. CreditCard companies and banks definatly WILL SELL your #, every last one. Put down a fake number or no phone. Checking the box that says "i dont want promotional offers" does NOTHING

    -5 Finally if you want to **** with the caller, heres the best way. Ask questions about the offer. Good stuff sells its self, all TM offers are ****. It can be quite amusing to listen to the pitch fall apart as you ask specific and pointed questions about the product. Its universally known in the TM business that the more the person learns about the offer, the farther you are from a sale. We accually HOWL with laughter when we learn about new products. And cry a little on the inside because we know we can sell these turds, easily.

    ps. welcome to the capitalist paradise of the USA. I'll be calling you soon...
  10. Alasaurus is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clearfield, Utah
    Posts
    29

    Posted On:
    6/18/2006 9:43am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta reply to this one. We only use cell phones in our home and we don't get telemarketing calls at all. I disagree with taters on one point, you do not have to listen to the call, when I had a land line, the best defense I used to a telemarketer was to simply hang up. Too many people feel bad and want to start explaining why they can't buy or talk etc.. Don't waste your time, if you hang up, you get no aggravation and the telemarketer can't be disciplined because they didn't even get a chance. I very rarely got telemarketed phone calls after that. Telemarketers, sorry I got your number.

    Oh, I have also been through the AOLHell cancellation process, I had a lady that was extremely rude and kept putting us on hold as a slow torture, trying to get me to try it for another month. This is simply inexcusable, quite simply we don't have to put up with that crap, I frankly don't care if this is how someone pays their bills.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.