Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 12:57pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cancel. The. Account.

http://media.putfile.com/AOL-Cancellation

Funny recording of a guy attempting to cancel an AOL account and the representative that refused to cancel the account.

Also this story has a happy ending. The representative was fired because of the way he handled this customer.

http://www.beta.netscape.com/story/2...-aol/#comments

/\
    || Interview with the guy that made the call

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:19pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, unfortunately I'll guarantee that rep was doing his job and was just a victim of PR.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:27pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Call center work is dehumanizing and mind numbing- that rep probably had like no idea what was going on.

/served 6 months as a phone service stooge..... 6 harrowing months of horrible terror!

That said, that was fucking hilarious and I can't believe he didn't explode on that moron sooner.

Man I'm glad I didn't work for anyone like AOL.
    Last edited by Stick; 6/16/2006 1:29pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 2:20pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Call center people usually have a script they have to read from and a certain number of upsells and rebuttles they have to do and letting them get through them without fucking with them is the way to speed up the call, not interrupting the shpiel over and over.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what got the guy fired was him saying "We can stall this all day" and "I'm trying to do what's in your best interest" as well as asking to speak to the gentlemen's father even though he repeatedly said that he was the one paying for the account and his father used it once.

But yeah I know about the scripts and such. But this guy just wanted the account closed and the representative had to resort to lying about it's activities (according to the man phone call the account had been active for 3 days straight prior to the call even though the owner says that it hadn't been used in months) and attempting to treat the customer like you are doing them a favor by trying to talk them out of it.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 5:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hilarious. I wonder if it's possible to do that in person so you could punch the guy when he didn't CANCEL THE ACCOUNT.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 6:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After about the fourth attempt to redirect the kid, he should have shut up. Then he tried to go through the hard No.

What a jerk!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh...sales as usually. I sold a time share once to a guy who said no at least 200 times over the course of an hour...and finally closed him.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 9:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a person is willing to sit there and tell you 200 times "No" then there is something wrong with that person.

I hate dealing with stupid telemarketers. Especailly those that call for ether one of my parents for a "courtesy call".

They call every day at the same damn time (usually 10 am, noon, or a little after 1) and I tell them "They are not home, can I take a message?" When they ask "Is there a better time to call back?" I simply tell them "Yes. after 6 PM" which is when my parents come home for work. But sure enough the next day I get a "courtsey call" for my parents at about the same time as the day before and repeat the cycle ad nauseam

Repeat that for about a week and a half or until I yell at them to either call back when I say they will be home or stop calling altogether.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 9:44pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to work in a call center (tech support for dell), it was the bomb diggity except for I got really fat.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast