Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    I can't wait to try the Muay Thai, but everyone keeps on telling me how tough the cardio is so we'll see how much fun trying not to puke is next Thursday.
    It depends where you go, but most classes I've been to aren't all that tough. It's not like every hobbiest muay thai class is gonna be like training in Thailand.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 12:08pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CSW = Combat Submission Wrestling. I saw the last 20 minutes of an 1 hour class. Guys were climbing up 30 foot ropes using just their arms, picking up 90 pound heavy bags and suplexing them in to mats 10X in a row and doing 90 push up's in between.

It made me want to puke just watching it.

No matter how good I think I am training I always find there's something more physical and harder I could be doing.

It's very depressing.

I need to find some of that ****.
  3. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    What's CSW???
    Eric Paulson's name for MMA.
    Muay Thai + Jun Fan Gung Fu + Judo + Shoot Wrestling + BJJ + etc., etc.
    http://www.erikpaulson.com/

All of our classes are a way more mellow than what was described above. Unless someone is training for a fight...THEN IT IS EXTREME.
  4. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw the last 20 minutes of an 1 hour class. Guys were climbing up 30 foot ropes using just their arms, picking up 90 pound heavy bags and suplexing them in to mats 10X in a row and doing 90 push up's in between.
    I can't imagine that I will ever be able to do any of those things...

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CSW = Combat Submission Wrestling. I saw the last 20 minutes of an 1 hour class. Guys were climbing up 30 foot ropes using just their arms, picking up 90 pound heavy bags and suplexing them in to mats 10X in a row and doing 90 push up's in between.

It made me want to puke just watching it.

No matter how good I think I am training I always find there's something more physical and harder I could be doing.

It's very depressing.
    It is frustrating indeed. BTW, where I do judo, the bb teens do rope climbing on a regular basis before going to tourneys. Just looking at them make me feel so fucking old :dead:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  6. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha...I just went to the link you provided...I have actually met some of the people there.

Linda Langerak fought in my city at an all female MMA event. One of her corner men appeared to be Joey de Los Reyes. I didn't know them but the following day Mrs. Praxx and I set and talked with them at a seperate female "grappling only" tournament.

Here I am in my seat, right behind their corner...
    Attached Images  

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 2:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a cool place. Very MMA orientated with quite a few professional fighters training out of there. They definitely gear it towards the pro's/ serious competitors though. I am just going to try and keep up and probably won't be able to go there more than once a week.

If I stick with it there I would like to alternate between BJJ and MT.

We'll see how the old back holds up.

Not going to quite Goju-Jitsu though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12