Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Shootfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My introduction thread

Hi all.

Well, after an estimate of 2 years lurking this site, i decided to join today.
    Please excuse eventual errors & typos, english is not my mother language.

Anyway, who am i?

I'm a 17 year old guy, born in France, who now lives in Umeň, Sweden.
    I've been involved in martial arts since approximatively 5 years. I started in a little McDojo who taught Wado-Ryu Karate. They were nice enough, but it was the typical point-sparring bonanza stuff.

Then i moved to Umeň and started training...Bujinkan (Gasp) I did that for two years (Coincidentally, about the same time i started visiting this site.)
    Now, let me just say, my ex dojo is the typical Booj place. Too d34dly and all that other crap. So, why the **** did i stay so long, considering i visited this place at the same time?

I guess the answers are:
    I tried to introduce quality checks, rolling (I really like grappling), sparring, and had a very little rate of success. But hey, i tried, ok? Not my fault if they did'nt want to listen. My age might have had some relevance in them not listening, though. Anyway, second reason: It was relatively cheap. See, i don't have a job, and i live alone with my mother, who is a university student and thus does'nt have to great of an income herself.

But in the end, all the little things (including, but not limited to: Annoying "Sensei", total lack of sparring and rolling, shitty location and so on and so forth...)
    stacked up to a pile of **** big enough to make this guy leave. If it is of any interest to you, i reached 7:th kyu in Wado-Ryu Karate and 5:th kyu in Bujinkan.

Now, i'm looking for a quality gym in my area, wich is Umeň,Sweden. There is a gym downtown called Renyi (I think) wich offers Shootfighting, Muay Tha´ and Wushu. Right now it's the one i plan to check out in fall.

http://www.renyi.tk (In Swedish, sorry but that's the only link i have)

If any of you have suggestions about a place to train in Umeň, that is not Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kendo, Fencing, _ing _un, or Aikido, please tell me.

What else can i say about myself in my very first post?
    I play the Bass Guitar and the Drums, study at Ístra Gymnasiet in Umeň, was born in France and live there during the summer, I'm half Spanish, quarter french adn quarter Vietnamese, i like to listen to artists like Lordi, Hammerfall, Fort Minor, I absolutely hate my Chemistry teacher, i'm 172 cm (Metric for the win) 55kg and i really don't know what else to say right now. Possibly that i feel a little overwhelmed by the navigation of this site, what with the zoints and all that.

So, this was my first post. If you have any questions, you'll probably go ahead and ask them regardless of what i say, so knock yourselves out!
    I look forward to finding a new place to train, and pursue entertaining discussions on what 2 years of lurking already has shown me is the toughest and meanest Martial Arts board around.

See you soon, right?
    /Eliot

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One for the team

Hey there, welcome to Bullshido. Unfortunately I know jack and **** about MA places in Sweden so I'm just the welcome wagon.

Style
    Shootfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, i kind of figured Sweden would'nt be to well known around here.
    But hey, the welcome wagon is good too!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't the Swedish government ban full-contact MA just now?

Style
    Shootfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed, it would seem they just did. Fuckers actually chose to listen to a fucking high school dropout (sportsminister) instead of people who actually knew what they were talking about. Arguments were grade school level, too. You know, MAist are vicious d34dly brutes and whatnot. But **** them all, there is no way in hell something that big is getting trough without some sort of protest.

On a different, slightly noobier topic, how does one display an avatar? Sorry if its stupid...

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    Indeed, it would seem they just did. Fuckers actually chose to listen to a fucking high school dropout (sportsminister) instead of people who actually knew what they were talking about. Arguments were grade school level, too. You know, MAist are vicious d34dly brutes and whatnot. But **** them all, there is no way in hell something that big is getting trough without some sort of protest.

On a different, slightly noobier topic, how does one display an avatar? Sorry if its stupid...
    Are grappling arts like BJJ or Sambo considered "full contact" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    ôI don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.ö
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Savate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don┤t think they banned them BFM. Only striking arts, due their fear of head damage, if my memory serves me right.

Backdraft. does this mean your K-1 tournaments are transferred here, or to Denmark perhaps?

Style
    Shootfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what? At the moment, i'd be fucked if i had to tell you guys, i don't know yet. Maybe, or maybe they'll come to their senses and realise that pissing of something like 100000 people when it's election time is stupid.
    And i don't really know about grappling. I sure hope not, because then i'll go ballistic.
    BTW, Rubberduck, memory does serves you right. BS about head damage is at the bottom of this. (Speaking about head damage, i wonder if Bosse "The Dropout" Ringholm has any...)

Style
    TKD, Ballet, Archery
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    Well, after an estimate of 2 years lurking this site, i decided to join today.
    I feel like a loser when I piss away my summer dicking around here, but reading a forum for two years without participating seems like a massive waste of time, like playing checkers when there's a chess board nearby.

The gift that keeps on giving supporting member
    Style
    On hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    I feel like a loser when I piss away my summer dicking around here, but reading a forum for two years without participating seems like a massive waste of time, like playing checkers when there's a chess board nearby.
    Checkers and Chess are played on the same board. Bad analogy.

Dumbass.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last