Sponsored Links Spacer Image

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could it be a dual purpose engineering feat?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Could it be a dual purpose engineering feat?
    impossible, engineers are notorious single taskers

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 7:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, here's the thing: Until Mr. Black Magic comes back and tells us what he meant, we don't even really know exactly which part of the rifle he's talking about. Honestly, I kinda wonder if the problem is not a language barrier; is English his first language?

If he's talking about the compensator, then yes, the main purpose is to direct some gases upward to counteract recoil. There's a gas port there to direct some of the gases back into the gas system, but the compensator has nothing to do with it. If you took the compensator off, the rifle would operate just fine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 8:01pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic
    I assumed since I not familiar with ar or ak that the lip caused the bullet to "trip" stop its forward projection and rotate more like a knife being thrown. Couldn't really find a better way to explain that at the time. But I was wrong.
    Don, he did. You must of missed it, as seen above.

Also, nice gun. Gotta love the classics.

Oh, on the subject of AK knowledge, I've heard legend that AK's can be silenced to a degree?
    Fact or Farse?

Also, Phrost, we would you see but that would promote violence, the public school system would rather just ignore the fact that guns exist.
    Being currently enrolled in the public school system I can safely say that they would rather develope tornado drills that involve everyone hushing up
    (so the tornados can't hear us apparently)
    than teach people how to safely handle a gun to avoice blowing their own damn foot off.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW. . . . no, you're right, I missed that somehow. Maybe my subconscious blocked it out. But he gets that it wasn't true, so I guess all's well that ends without major disaster. If someone had tried to "fix" a muzzle brake so it would "properly" snag the bullet to cause keyholing, there's a better than even chance that someone would go to the hospital. At least that didn't happen.

An AK can be silenced about as well as any other semi-automatic rifle. Most 7.62x39 is supersonic, though, so you'll have that to deal with--but I assume there must be somewhat reasonable subsonic handloads that could be worked up. That's all .300 Whisper really is--I think. I have, however, been wrong before. I believe the last time was 1984.

By the way, you STFU during tornado drills so that staff can communicate clearly and because the kids who get really anxious and panicky do better in a quiet environment. Someone who might be muttering to herself about her fear of tornadoes in a silent hallway might well be screaming if everyone around her is chattering. She's doing it mostly to make noises for herself; she'll rise above the noise around her without much conscious thought.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I believe the last time was 1984.
    Is that when the rats ate your face?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:43am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    By the way, you STFU during tornado drills so that staff can communicate clearly and because the kids who get really anxious and panicky do better in a quiet environment. Someone who might be muttering to herself about her fear of tornadoes in a silent hallway might well be screaming if everyone around her is chattering. She's doing it mostly to make noises for herself; she'll rise above the noise around her without much conscious thought.
    Oh I understand that, it just always seemed silly to me because frankly most people (including myself) get chatty when they get real nervous and it seems like telling them to be quiet is just adding more onto their nerves.

And it twas' just a joke, I do actually understand why we STFU for most drills.

'Cept when I was living in Florida, and we had a "Incase the Nuclear Reactor a mile away goes critical and explodes"-drill.
    I don't even know why we HAD that drill.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:50am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because nuclear power is totally fucking awesome and safer than anything that doesn't totally suck, like wind power. Wind power, what a waste of time. You'd have to run a wind generator for seventy billion years just to make up for the electricity it took to build it.

In fact, wind power is more dangerous. What if the blade came off and started flying around like a gigantic, batshit insane ninja star? It would be the end of civilization.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...urt_House.html

When you absolutely postively have to kill every motherfucking cop in the courthouse...

But look at the weapon that takes him out.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234