Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidran
    I'm pretty sure they need to make sure they can't stop the attack without a gun first, though. The officer threw them to the ground, created distance, then he got out his baton (baton > fists). Then once the other guy brought out the shovel out comes the gun (gun > shovel) and called for backup. He then tried to talk them down and the guys backed off and didn't advance him. His buddies came and was able to subdue them then. I think the cop would have been in real trouble if he actually did shoot them.

Seriously, that is an awesome video. Major props to the officer.
    That's really a great post. Or not. A narrative is not required. We all saw it.

I think from the username above, we can conclude the poster above me is a cop. He says he would have shot him. I would have agreed with his assesment.

You think he would have been in trouble if he did shoot them? I don't. Put 3-5 into that guy with the shovels chest. If the other guy advanced after that he should have been shot too. These guys were not fucking around. If it had been a smaller, less trained, less physically competent cop we could quite easily be looking at another Texas State Trooper video (people probably know the one I am talking about).

They were attacking that officer and produced a weapon capable of serious bodily harm. If I were on a jury I wouldn't convict this officer, I would recommend him for a medal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 2:20pm

Style: Shito-Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on some videos I have seen over the years I think officers need to be a bit more careful when doing solo duty. They really put themselves out there. That female cop that practically was beaten to death by the convicted criminal had no business even frisking that guy, he was 3 times her size. Recently the convict in Atlanta that took the gun from the old lady cop and then shot her and others, of course he did that it was his only opportunity for escape. What is the policy on this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 3:52pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put 3-5 into that guy with the shovels chest.
    I personally would have put a bullet in the guys leg, to show i'm not fuckin around. Anymore problems after that with his buddy and i'm doing chest shots.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha ha, I saw this on 'World's Wildest Police Videos', which we get late at night on Channel 5 in the UK. The way he gets that baton out is flippin' sweet - "Now you done it, boy..."

I'm surprised he didn't fire, as he was alone and threatened. A female cop should have done, but this guy was a lot bigger than the hicks he arrested.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    That's really a great post. Or not. A narrative is not required. We all saw it.

I think from the username above, we can conclude the poster above me is a cop. He says he would have shot him. I would have agreed with his assesment.

You think he would have been in trouble if he did shoot them? I don't. Put 3-5 into that guy with the shovels chest. If the other guy advanced after that he should have been shot too. These guys were not fucking around. If it had been a smaller, less trained, less physically competent cop we could quite easily be looking at another Texas State Trooper video (people probably know the one I am talking about).

They were attacking that officer and produced a weapon capable of serious bodily harm. If I were on a jury I wouldn't convict this officer, I would recommend him for a medal.

Any furitive movement that indicates the person is going for a weapon after having been told not to move is grounds for shooting them. That's what our state law indicates for us as officers. I would have emptied out the .45 magazine on him. The officer didn't quite handle it correctly from the start, he let the suspect screw around a little bit. I would have sprayed him after the first indication of non compliance. That's usually enough. After that point I'd elevate the use of force depending on the situation. Officers need to use the tools they have present to them, rather than putting themselves in a situation where they can be shot, stabbed, or mobbed.

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 8:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tshin
    I personally would have put a bullet in the guys leg, to show i'm not fuckin around. Anymore problems after that with his buddy and i'm doing chest shots.
    That'd be a big fat lawsuit for you buddy. just go for center mass and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Any furitive movement that indicates the person is going for a weapon after having been told not to move is grounds for shooting them. That's what our state law indicates for us as officers. I would have emptied out the .45 magazine on him. The officer didn't quite handle it correctly from the start, he let the suspect screw around a little bit. I would have sprayed him after the first indication of non compliance. That's usually enough. After that point I'd elevate the use of force depending on the situation. Officers need to use the tools they have present to them, rather than putting themselves in a situation where they can be shot, stabbed, or mobbed.
    Yup.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 1:17am

Style: street fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Cop takes on two guys. Does pretty good too. He gets tired of beating them and whips out his baton to show hes serious.

Judo for the win? O throwing at least.

http://www.theync.com/m061206cop.shtml
    LOL! You see what I mean! Why did he shot them in the first place. Now if the guys were black he would had got shot a long time ago.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tshin- If you draw your gun, it's with the intent to kill. Not to shoot in the leg.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it would be perfectly reasonable for the cop's thought process to have gone like this:

These two bozos have assaulted me
    I'm alone
    One of them is reaching into the trunk
    Better kill him before he kills me.

Boom. Boom. Boom. (continue until body stops twitching)
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 2:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

rethinking my art

I think i might have to switch from tae kwon do, to judo. and how sad are those guys, that two of them couldn't keep up with one police officer? I guess there isn't necessarily safety in numbers. :eusa_clap
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123