Sponsored Links Spacer Image

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 5:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "If an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger has ever changed your life . . . you might be a redneck!"

--Jeff Foxworthy

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    Walker then does an interest sweet(not sure the name of it) where he holds him up with both of his feet by Trevets waist as Trevet is applying all his weight on him. Walker then lowers one leg and raises the other leg so as to flip Trevet from a face down position to a face up position on his back, but instead of taking his he angles himself what looks like 45 degrees so he can attact the same arm and armbar him again. To which case; yes you know the answer already, Trevet taps.
    I think that was the Machado helicopter.

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 8:57am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anecdote Warning!

When I lived in Amarillo I had a talent agent. I did a few local TV commercials and some industrial and education videos. This was all back when I had hair, and I was almost always some "oh too perky" kids "dad", or a cop, or military type. For this type of thing you could pick up $300 or $400 for a couple of hours work.

Anyway... she asked me how tall I was, I said "It's on the back of the pictures you send to people to get me work, but I'm 5' 9" ". She said "Good maybe I can get you a part of Walker Texas Ranger which is filmed in Dallas." Apparently Chuck is 5' 10" and everyone on the show is supposed to be shorter than him. She said they even lower the doorways on the sets, and surround him with short shits to make him look taller.

Well, I never got called, and it was never a martial arts thing, more likely I might have played a small town sheriff or deputy, or a state trooper in the back ground.

I had never seen the show (or even heard of it) so I looked it up and watched it. IT SUCKS! Thank God I was never called, because I'm a fucking whore and I would have done it for the money. Like $2,000 for one days work! Fucking A... right buddy.

On a related note, she did find out I did martial arts later and told me she had put me in to... "Power Rangers" (also fimed in Dallas) I was supposed to put on a foamrubber suit and be a monster. Thank God I was never called for that either.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh come ON. you know you wish you could tell people how you got your ass kicked by a power ranger.

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 9:50am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    oh come ON. you know you wish you could tell people how you got your ass kicked by a power ranger.
    It's true I do...:icon_sad:
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 10:13am

Style: GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a Walker Texas Ranger episode on a couple (few?) years ago that had jiu-jitsu in it. It was at the end of the show and Chuck went into a gym with a ring, about to roll with a guy in a gi. He made a comment something to the effect of "here's the real tough guys" , and proceeded to get his ass handed to him in a matter of seconds! Chucks Awesome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 10:25am

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember this one episode of Walker with Frank Shamrock on it. Basically, Frank was an inmate known as "the hammer" who was the champion of MMA like underground fights to the death that were going on in a prison. Walker had to go undercover as an inmate to bust all those involved in the fights, which meant of course, that he had to compete in the fights. It was actually a pretty good show with alot of nice Grappling moves.

This was toward the end of the series when they introduced those two other rangers (one a pretty hot hawaiin chick) and the fight scenes got alot better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 10:31am

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero
    I remember this one episode of Walker with Frank Shamrock on it. Basically, Frank was an inmate known as "the hammer" who was the champion of MMA like underground fights to the death that were going on in a prison. Walker had to go undercover as an inmate to bust all those involved in the fights, which meant of course, that he had to compete in the fights. It was actually a pretty good show with alot of nice Grappling moves.

This was toward the end of the series when they introduced those two other rangers (one a pretty hot hawaiin chick) and the fight scenes got alot better.
    yeah i just saw that episode not 3 weeks ago.

Anyway chuck is a Brown Belt under the Machado's so it would make sense to see him doing some grappling. Eventhough half of the time it's flying side kicks and crescent kicking guns out of peoples hands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:04am

Style: street fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember that episode. I also remember that of that whole entire series that Chuck Norris finishing kicks where the spinning crescent kick, and the jumping roundhouse kick. That show got me through high school!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:06am

Style: street fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Method2Madness
    yeah i just saw that episode not 3 weeks ago.

Anyway chuck is a Brown Belt under the Machado's so it would make sense to see him doing some grappling. Eventhough half of the time it's flying side kicks and crescent kicking guns out of peoples hands.
    Don't forget the spinning backfist he had used to break a pool stick.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast