Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 1:46pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Meh, he should stay the way he is. The ring needs cannon fodder :)
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?fighterID=328

('._.)

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 1:46pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And everyones favourite Pride can http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...sp?fighterID=5

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    isn't that a quote from a rocky sequel?

(these guys get lots of respect from me... i just hope they don't end up brain damaged and blind in one eye due to sheer determination, you know?)

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 2:59pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    Its called not being a *****. The thing is, no matter what happens in the ring, if you really try, you come out better for it. Yeh, you lose and the crowd may look down on you, your coach won't be all too pleased, and you may look down on yourself, but if you go back out there, then thats not the final chapter in the story. Instead its just another opportunity for you to learn from your mistakes. If you get into the ring time and time again and get your **** split each time, you may not be talented, you may not be all that smart, but you're a tough ************. When all that matters is getting back into the ring to fight again and do what you do, does it really matter what a bunch of clowns on the internet say?

If you can't understand what goes on there, you aren't a fighter.
    Why not just invest the time you spend prepping for fight after fight into just getting some decent training?

I'm all for competition and everything, but if you're competing just to say "I STEP IN THE OCTAGON!", you don't need to lose 34 times to prove yourself. After the 16th or so time you should be thinking to yourself "****, I'm not doing something right, I should prolly go and fix that", invest your training time wisely, fix the holes in your game, come back and wreck someone.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: no gi bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Idunno - maybe some of these guys do well in training/sparring but have psychological issues in competition? Seems possible I guess - I really don't see how you can lose 1000000 times in the 1st round unless some of it is in your head. Seems to me like you could develop intense competition anxiety from losses like that.

Also, someone with a poor record like that generally fights inexperienced fighters or fighters who also have losing records, right? How common is it for someone with a real weak record to get sandbagged at that level? Maybe the guy is just getting thrown to the lions time and time again?
    -Jordan

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's my thought. Professional can. Gets paid to pad folks records and test out some up and coming fighter.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
    Winston Churchill, wasn't it?

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 4:25pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shame on you.

Motherfucking Teddy Roosevelt.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah yes, I am shamed.