Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 4:11am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is what i got from this thread: Once again it's Training>style

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 8:25am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    But how do you know you can do that stuff if you do not pressure test it? I train the way I fight. I strike and grapple just as I would fight. I do not have to modify anything. I can pick and chose my target. As s BJJ student I can apply locks and holds to the body that could dripple or kill. They can alos be used just to control. I can also use all of the dirty tactics very well because I am used to the adrenaline rush from a fight. I have good positioning. In striking I can pick and choose a target that is moving. I can hit whatever I want. It doesn take much to go from jab to the chin to jab to the throat or whatever.

It does take alot to go from drills and forms to actually fighting.

also yes that guy in the vid go hurt. What about the countless videos of boxers, kickboxer and MMA fighters who dont get hurt from it?

Also that guy was a boxer. Wheres the WC clips of that happening? He trains in an alive manner as a boxer. He picks a target and hits it. WC guys dont normally spar so they cant expect that do happen.
    Your entire arguement is based on this:

How do you know it works if people haven't done it in an MMA enviornment? and
    How to you know it can be done if you don't train it live?

You then go on to say you yourself can change it up to become deadly atwill. So which is it? Do we have to train up to the point of having students die on occasion? or can you train to a lesser degree and turn it up a notch when you need to? Do you only spar, or do you have any other material to work with?

Chunners, well Tsunners, should be training live, but at less power, often, and at full power on occasion. The spar all the time, They just are not interested in sports competion. So your arguement is based on a huge flaw.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 5:22pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm no its not. Its based on this. I train alive. I hit moving targets. Wether I hit the chin or throat doesnt matter. People are different heights and weaights. You cant train to hit a specific spot. People move. Therefore hitting these moving targets makes me able to pick a target and hit it. I learn to be "deadly" because I can knock people out, choke them out, break their limbs or kill them with neck cranks.

If you are not trainng alive and dont spar you are not training to hit moving targets with power. That means you wont be able to hit a moving throat with any power because you dont train to.

I train to hit moving targets. Thats broad and cover chin, thoat, balls whatever I want. You train to hit a guy in the throat but you can t do it with any power while moving because its not safe to do.

Train for sports competition? Who gives a **** if its a sport competition. Thats what sparring is. A competition. To see who wins. Just like a fight.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I am gonna let this thread die. Proper Chunners spar and train to hit moving targets. I am not defending the idiots that do not.

and don't let the BJJ guys on here, hear you say "kill with neck crank" since noone neck cranks in MMA payperview events, and since noone has died in MMA from one, it must not work. :laughing9

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 9:00pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    OK, this is silly. If bobbing and weaving worked then Boxers would NEVER HIT eachother.
    This is the kind of delusions that come from studying arts that aren't pressure tested in full contact.

It is the mentality of "You must never ever get hit, because every single strike is DEADLY, and if you do EVER get hit, then your training SUXORS, because you will die if you are touched by a death-strike!"

The problem with this mentality is that the underlying assumption (any contact whatsoever results in the reversal of the expansion of the universe) is wrong. So the training that results from this assumption is flawed. For one, it screws up one's offense, because the slap slap slappity slap of _ing __un doesn't kill people like you think it does. The real world or a full contact MMA fight is a bad place to find this out. ("I hit him with a fing dang sao pak liu ties duin ming! Why didn't he die?!?!? Sifu said he would die!!!")

The other thing it screws up is one's defense. Because one focuses on trying to attain the unrealistic goal of never even being so much as touched. As opposed to the more realistic goal of not being contacted enough or severely enough such that you can continue to fight and win. The problem is that pursuing the former results in a defensive style that is not as functional as it needs to be in reality.

You are basically arguing that if something is not perfect, it should not be done. Got news for you: nothing is perfect. If _ing __un focused more on fighting and less on academic exercises ("The principles and theories are so perfect!!!!"), that would be more apparent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2006 9:05pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Your entire arguement is based on this:

How do you know it works if people haven't done it in an MMA enviornment? and
    How to you know it can be done if you don't train it live?

You then go on to say you yourself can change it up to become deadly atwill. So which is it? Do we have to train up to the point of having students die on occasion? or can you train to a lesser degree and turn it up a notch when you need to? Do you only spar, or do you have any other material to work with?

Chunners, well Tsunners, should be training live, but at less power, often, and at full power on occasion.
    And no one DIES?

The spar all the time, They just are not interested in sports competion.
    What is it about their sparring that fails to translate to a sports environment? They can't hit as hard as boxers and kickboxers?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789