224672 Bullies, 3577 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 86
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. supercrap is offline
    supercrap's Avatar

    Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Least Cool Guy in all of Japan
    Posts
    2,296

    Posted On:
    6/16/2006 8:19am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by waapwoop
    So have you lost all respect for wing chun?
    "Respect"? I lost that a long time ago.

    I just think DTT is a loon, who constantly jumps at every opportunity to lambast Wing CHUn without realising that most of the time, no matter how it's spelt, it sucks the big one.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

    Guest

    Posted On:
    6/16/2006 9:58am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We use the Pak Sao to push a barrier that is in the way of our punch.
    Most of this was simply Parrying.
    The times that he threw the fist up...it didn't look like a strike. It looked more like he parried and then threw the fist up there to block...just in case. I know that isn't the intent...but that is what he was doing.
  3. porch is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    hfx ns ca na da
    Posts
    167

    Posted On:
    6/16/2006 10:46am


     Style: kb, tapping, jjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's this?


    It's a montage. Always fade out in a montage. If you fade out, it seems like more time has passed, in a montage.

    Montage.
  4. Dr._Tzun_Tzu is offline
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu's Avatar

    It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,528

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 1:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    We use the Pak Sao to push a barrier that is in the way of our punch.
    Most of this was simply Parrying.
    The times that he threw the fist up...it didn't look like a strike. It looked more like he parried and then threw the fist up there to block...just in case. I know that isn't the intent...but that is what he was doing.
    I concure. If the hand opened that fist, the movement he was learning is very much like the first move in the SNT, double Gaun Sau. You see double Guan used in movies to catch low kicks sometimes. In this case, the contact (pak) was on the outside or palm, where in guan it is inside contact. The Fist that catches the attack when the pak misses, catches on the inside of the double guan shape.

    So KP is exactly on target. He was not punching, he was blocking with a fist. It is just a drill to get coordination, but that is why EBMAS and other WT systems prefer to use punch against punch for this kinda drill. In that example, the second punch would be just behind the miss, not over it, in a chain punching format.



    And SuperCarp, I know you think you are a Big Fish on here, but I am not a loon. I am not going to watch you people belittle something while in total ignorance and in error of what it actually is. It is easy to rag on Ing Un as 90% of it sucks. I am working on showing you why the other 10% is awsome. As usual, you prefer that fast and easy way, and I prefer a challange.....

    o, and don't forget to wipe.

    "If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,973

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 1:47pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu


    And SuperCarp, I know you think you are a Big Fish on here, but I am not a loon. I am not going to watch you people belittle something while in total ignorance and in error of what it actually is. It is easy to rag on Ing Un as 90% of it sucks. I am working on showing you why the other 10% is awsome. As usual, you prefer that fast and easy way, and I prefer a challange.....

    o, and don't forget to wipe.
    No, you are a loon. Anyone that uses a spelling as an argument is looney. I don't do Chun I do Tsun.

    How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

    Especially, when the head of your art was a chunner.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,973

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 1:49pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I know it is on purpose.
  7. supercrap is offline
    supercrap's Avatar

    Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Least Cool Guy in all of Japan
    Posts
    2,296

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 8:17pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DTT, I've trained in both. In Tsun and In Chun.

    When I did Chun, I emphatically defended the difference between the two. The differences are so subtle, but so important! I used to think.

    Now I'm over all that, and I realise. The differences are not enough to make the arts significantly different. IT's like two different wing chun schools, or two different wing tsun schools. They all have different methodologies. Hell half the time chunners can't agree with themselves, let alone other tsunners. So the point you are making is moot. It would be better for you to stand united with other chunners in a search for good ING UN of any variety.

    Tell me this. If I told you I had a video on my hard drive of a WING CHUNNER beating the **** out of a MMA guy (I don't by the way) would you disassociate yourself from it if I presented it as proof of ING UN'S effectiveness? Would you not claim it as proof because WING TSUN is so radically different from WING CHUN?

    Jesus.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff
  8. GIJoe6186 is offline
    GIJoe6186's Avatar

    An American Hero!

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    1,974

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 8:20pm

    Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WC is gay. Also DTT, not to be an ass or anything but you say you prefer a challenge match? I think we saw your abilities on the thread Dark Glitch vs a Street Fight.

    Not being an ass or anything but it didnt seem like you had much sparring experience. Maybe things have changed though.
  9. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 9:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone have a link to that match?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  10. Mjelva is offline
    Mjelva's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    694

    Posted On:
    6/17/2006 9:15pm


     Style: BJJ, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want some of the **** DTT is smoking.
    And a link to that match.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.