Posted On:6/19/2006 9:57pm
Five of the following are necessary to diagnose someone with NPD. Let's see how many we can rack up...sorry if anyone has ever actually gone through the DSM-IV-TR with him before. I tried searching. From this point forward, he will be referred to as FAE (Fatass Extraordinaire).
Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
Not so sure about this one. He sure does repeat this "average guy" thing a lot, although his writing makes it clear he considers himself anything but average.
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Not sure about this.
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
I really wouldn't have any idea.
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Certainly unwilling to recognize or identify with the homeless or anyone else who might be needy. Common feature that Randians have. Not going to say check though.
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Right now, he is posting a thread over at Pax about how my envy shines through this post. See, he's not an obese laughing stock. I'm not posting this because I think it's freaking hilarious. It's because I want to be him and I'm jealous of his "success" (See point 1), while posting he's simultaenously showing incredible arrogance and calling me a child (See point 9). Check.
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Oh, did I mention: CHECK.
Well, looks like he's five for nine. For certain. It really wouldn't surprise me if he fit the other ones, I just have no way of knowing.
A number of other traits common to people with NPD sync with FAE.
I often hear "yeah, well you're a good writer, but...". He likes to say things like, "one thing my critics can't debate is that I am a damn good writer". Ok, can we stop this? He is long winded, repetetive, and dreadfully boring. He is, at best, a mediocre writer. Most likely though, he is an awful writer. And this all goes back up to point number 1...
So just remember, when you are dealing with FAE, you aren't dealing with any regular person. You are dealing with someone who quite likely has narcissitic personality disorder. How fun. :lol:
Posted On:6/19/2006 10:06pm
Well its an interesting take on Phil, but I saw that episode of Kenny vs Spenny as well.
Posted On:6/19/2006 10:13pm
I must have missed that episode. Actually I missed the entire show?? XD
Posted On:6/19/2006 11:26pm
Style: yang taichi
For a second there I though you were talking about Dr. Phil.
To the Bat Pole!
Posted On:6/20/2006 1:54am
Phil Elmore is SO last season.
Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .
**** you math class
Posted On:6/20/2006 2:09am
Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery
Yeah, Bullshido really jumped the shark when they brought the Phil Elmore character back AGAIN. But this is just ridiculous.
This game is really hard and GIJoe6186 is a ******.
Color photos of the late Tsarist Russia.
ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM
Posted On:6/20/2006 3:25am
Style: Argumenta ad Rem
So just show him a mirror, and he will waste away.
--J. "We Watch in Reverence as Narcissus is Turned into a Flower" D.
Posted On:6/20/2006 4:56am
Phil Elmore the narcissist.
Phil Elmore the tool.
Phil Elmore the fatso.
Phil Elmore the stupid-eyebrowed.
Phil Elmore the fantasist.
Phil Elmore the closet racist.
Phil Elmore the wimp.
Is there no end to the man's talents?
Posted On:6/20/2006 6:13am
Phil Elmore the Flashlight ******.
Why did they never try this....
Posted On:6/20/2006 6:47am
So the question becomes can you get him commited?
"This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info