Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:24pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My exp with wrestlers has been that they are good people. Usually friendly, and I havn't met a person in the club yet with a chip on their shoulder. Most people come to our club after watching one of our fights downtown, so they are usually perty humble. Tipically I try to maintain position and not go for submissions with new wrestlers and that gives me a run for my money (because i'm still new). Eventually they will get me on my back and then proceed to press their forarm into my throat until I armbar or triangle them. After that they usually will start to listen to the guys around them if they wern't listening already and then they learn really fast.

My first day of jiujitsu was a blast. I came in and made the mistake of telling the instructor I knew some judo. He paired me up with a guy and told him I knew judo. I spent the next 15 minutes getting my ass creamed until he realized I sucked on the ground and started teaching me things and lightening up. I didn't have an attitude (I came there because I knew my ground game sucked) but he wanted to make sure I wasn't copping an attitude.

I love new people, and I love watching them go though the same trials that everyone else had to go though. I love watching a guy 'get' a new idea or technique for the first time. I love it even better when a guy I could mount at will suddenly starts moving better and actually forces me to work. I can only imagine this feeling growing as I get more skill in the upcomming years.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    No, it wasn't. The guy stuck with us and is now a blue belt.
    I meant metaphorically that was me. You know... I was the same way when I started BJJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 3:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    I meant metaphorically that was me. You know... I was the same way when I started BJJ.
    I just keep throwing people with cattle catchers from the knees.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suck horribly from the knees. Well, I suck horribly from standing, too. But at least from standing I know what use an arm drag is and how to do a double leg. From the knees I'm just clueless.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohff
    **** off. Nobody said wrestling is better than jiu-jitsu, they are two different sports with two different purposes. What I get sick of is new bjj guys that like to brag on how they tapped the spastic wrestler. I should hope they fucking tap a guy that has never done submissions before. You continue to defend the sport you love, great. But I'm not an asshole for defending the sport I love. Tapping wrestlers has become a sort of a feather in the cap for a lot of motherfuckers in BJJ, and its complete horseshit.

In short, if you want to keep calm and discuss this, that's cool, I love good debate. But if you want to freak out and act like a flaming asshole about the subject, I can do that too. Your move, Kasparov.
    Have you looked around the forum lately? I'm not giving humongous stock in my BJJ skills, nor am I putting forth my example of spazing wrestler to say "lol i tapped out a noob". If was to say "lol my experience with wrestlers have been spastic insanity above par for noobies" Just take a look in 9chambers little goldmine of crap in YMAS to see what I meant by the wrestling vs. BJJ bullshit. And that goes both ways. Don't get caught up in what I agree with you in : that BJJ vs. Wrestling is a retarted discussion. One sentence further in what you quoted, I said:
    I'm just so tired of this insane "lol wrestlers > BJJ" **** that people have been spouting lately. It's two different yet similar methods of grappling which obviously compliment eachother.
    But ignore it by all means.
    More human than human is our motto.

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 5:20pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every time I see the title of this post, I keep thinking it must be a joke- " penguins walks into a bar and orders a Martini-". I know it was off topic, but what the ****, it had to be said.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 5:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry, we were all thinking it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 11:33pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Every time I see the title of this post, I keep thinking it must be a joke- " penguins walks into a bar and orders a Martini-". I know it was off topic, but what the ****, it had to be said.

That was my intention actually. I'm pleased it didn't go unnoticed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 2:33am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange
    I suck horribly from the knees. Well, I suck horribly from standing, too. But at least from standing I know what use an arm drag is and how to do a double leg. From the knees I'm just clueless.
    You don't have to be standing to arm drag.

Edit: Fighting for position from the knees is gay anyway. Pull guard or let the other guy pull guard. The knees is not a fucking position.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 12:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I know. But I don't want to pull guard, since I have no way to get back on top. I have all of 2 sweeps under my belt.

Still, I usually end up on bottom anyway, so I'll just start pulling guard. You're right, it's stupid and I usually waste about a minute just in a deadlock with the guy. Might as well improve my guard game.

I do try to armdrag from knees, but I can't maneuver as well.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast