Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 7:55pm

Style: Still searching...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Saulo Ribeiro Jui-Jitsu Academy

Hey Guys, Im new here but ive been browsing the forums for a long time. Im looking for some advice on a martial art studio. Im pretty sure the instructors of this BJJ studio I attended are over qualified, oddly enough it shares the same building with a tkd belt factory. And i quote "You will have a second degree black belt before you can drive" said one of the tkd instructors. Surprisingly enough the instructors at this studio are none other than Saulo and Xande Ribeiro http://www.srjja.com/. Anyhow im definitely taking classes here just thought id point out how surprised I am that Toledo, Ohio has two BJJ 2nd degree black belts and most cities dont have any.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 8:05pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A training at gym run by both Saulo and Xande Ribeiro could cause a BJJgasm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 8:21pm

Style: Still searching...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since i knew of Xande's and Saulo's qualifications, when i first saw the place I was sure I had made some sort of mistake and was at the wrong location. Instead some incredibly high quality BJJ training oddy enough shares the exact same building with a tkd dojo.

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 9:09pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've constantly asked the two of them "what in the mother ****?"

The Gracies move to sunny California....

The Machados go out to Virginia by the coast....

The Ribeiro brothers go out to Toledo Ohio where the only thing to do for entertainment is to visit the titty bar.

Anyways yeah your main instructors out there are Saulo, Xandre and Chris Blanke (black under Saulo). Thing is Saulo is often traveling the country visiting his various associates, teaching seminars and all that sort of jazz, so hes not often in Toledo.

In all seriousness, Chris blanke has a black belt in various other martial arts (including t3h __in __un). He had trained with the two of them in Brazil for awhile and offerred them the opportunity to come to Toledo and set up shop.

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most BJJ schools get started leaching off of a TKD Belt factory.

If you think about it, it's a good thing.

Par for the course.